Tremonton police officer arrested in child pornography case
TREMONTON — A veteran officer with the Tremonton Police Department has been arrested for investigation of sexual exploitation of a minor.
Jeremy Rose, an officer with the department for 12 years, was arrested Friday. He was originally booked into the Davis County Jail and held until the Utah Attorney General's Office could transfer him to the Box Elder County Jail, where the charge originated. He was then booked and released pending his next court hearing.
"It's a shock to us. It's just a difficult thing to work through," said Tremonton Police Chief David Nance. "We take the integrity of our officers seriously and we don’t like to have that type of thing happen."
The case was being handled by the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. A spokesman for the attorney general's office would only confirm that one arrest had been made and that an investigation involving child pornography was ongoing, but he declined to provide any other information or go into detail.
Nance said he was notified by the attorney general's office last week of the investigation.
The Tremonton Police Department has a total of 10 officers on its force. Rose is on standard paid administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation.
"He’s been a good officer. We haven’t had issues that way so again, it was a shock," Nance said. "A lot of people are taking it quite hard."
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Utah bus drivers put safety to the test
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 27
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 26
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12