Tremonton police officer arrested in child pornography case
TREMONTON — A veteran officer with the Tremonton Police Department has been arrested for investigation of sexual exploitation of a minor.
Jeremy Rose, an officer with the department for 12 years, was arrested Friday. He was originally booked into the Davis County Jail and held until the Utah Attorney General's Office could transfer him to the Box Elder County Jail, where the charge originated. He was then booked and released pending his next court hearing.
"It's a shock to us. It's just a difficult thing to work through," said Tremonton Police Chief David Nance. "We take the integrity of our officers seriously and we don’t like to have that type of thing happen."
The case was being handled by the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. A spokesman for the attorney general's office would only confirm that one arrest had been made and that an investigation involving child pornography was ongoing, but he declined to provide any other information or go into detail.
Nance said he was notified by the attorney general's office last week of the investigation.
The Tremonton Police Department has a total of 10 officers on its force. Rose is on standard paid administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation.
"He’s been a good officer. We haven’t had issues that way so again, it was a shock," Nance said. "A lot of people are taking it quite hard."
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police investigating man who barricaded...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 52
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 19
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should scientists be allowed to change... 10