SALT LAKE CITY — Northrop Grumman Corp. has announced two winners of its fifth annual Engineering Scholars program.
Sarah Fletcher from Mountain View High School in Orem, and Phillip Ng from Provo High School each received the merit-based scholarship of $10,000, awarded to high school seniors interested in studying engineering, computer science, physics or math.
“A strong foundation in science and math can help spark innovation, which is a core tenet of Northrop Grumman’s business,” said Gorik Hossepian, vice president of Northrop Grumman’s Navigation and Positioning Systems business unit. “We wholeheartedly congratulate these gifted students on their achievements and remain dedicated to fostering engineering interest among local students.”
Among other requirements, applicants also had to have a minimum composite SAT score of 1,700 or ACT score of 27 and a minimum GPA of 3.5. Candidates must plan to attend an accredited college or university school of engineering as a full-time student in an approved engineering program.
Northrop Grumman is a significant financial and in-kind contributor to educational outreach programs aimed at encouraging young people to consider engineering and science-related career fields. The Electronic Systems sector supports multiple High School Involvement Partnership programs to excite student interest in science, technology, engineering and math.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14