SALT LAKE CITY — Northrop Grumman Corp. has announced two winners of its fifth annual Engineering Scholars program.
Sarah Fletcher from Mountain View High School in Orem, and Phillip Ng from Provo High School each received the merit-based scholarship of $10,000, awarded to high school seniors interested in studying engineering, computer science, physics or math.
“A strong foundation in science and math can help spark innovation, which is a core tenet of Northrop Grumman’s business,” said Gorik Hossepian, vice president of Northrop Grumman’s Navigation and Positioning Systems business unit. “We wholeheartedly congratulate these gifted students on their achievements and remain dedicated to fostering engineering interest among local students.”
Among other requirements, applicants also had to have a minimum composite SAT score of 1,700 or ACT score of 27 and a minimum GPA of 3.5. Candidates must plan to attend an accredited college or university school of engineering as a full-time student in an approved engineering program.
Northrop Grumman is a significant financial and in-kind contributor to educational outreach programs aimed at encouraging young people to consider engineering and science-related career fields. The Electronic Systems sector supports multiple High School Involvement Partnership programs to excite student interest in science, technology, engineering and math.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 93
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 19
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 12