SALT LAKE CITY — Westminster College women’s volleyball head coach Kim Norman announced the schedule for the 2013 season Tuesday. Westminster has 28 matches on the slate for the upcoming year with 12 of those being played at the Behnken Field House.
The Griffins will begin the season by playing host to the 2013 Westminster Tournament of Champions on Aug. 23-24. The two-day event will feature five matches per day in the Behnken Field House. Westminster will play Hope International (Calif.) and Oliver Nazarene (Ill.) on the opening day. The Griffins will close out the tournament with matches with Cornerstone (Mich.) and Dixie State (Utah) on day two.
Westminster heads off to Irvine, Calif., over Labor Day Weekend to participate in the Asics/Wyndham Labor Day Tournament, which is hosted by Concordia (Calif.). The schedule for the event hasn’t been released yet, but the Griffins will play two matches on Aug. 30 and two more on Aug. 31.
A trip to Livonia, Mich., to play in the Julie Martin Classic is on tap for Sept. 6-7. While the schedule for that weekend hasn’t been released, Westminster does know the four teams it will be facing. Those four teams are the tournament host Madonna (Mich.), Illinois Tech, Davenport (Mich.) and Roosevelt (Ill.).
Frontier Conference play begins Sept. 13 with a trip to Dillon, Mont., to face Montana Western. The following week the Griffins travel to Carroll (Mont.) on Sept. 19, before returning home to face Montana Tech on Sept. 21. Westminster returns to the road for a two-game swing at Great Falls (Mont.) on Sept. 27 and Montana State-Northern on Sept. 28.
The Griffins open a three-match home stand on Oct. 5 against Montana Western. The following week, Rocky Mountain (Mont.) makes the trip to Salt Lake City for a match on Oct. 11. The next day will see Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) visit the Behnken Field House to complete the home stand.
Westminster will make its first-ever trip to Dickinson State (N.D.) for a match on Oct. 17, before visiting Rocky Mountain in Billings, Mont., on Oct. 19. The final four home matches of the season begin Oct. 24 as Dickinson State comes to town. Carroll makes an appearance on Oct. 26 with the Griffins hosting Great Falls on Oct. 31. Senior Night in the Behnken Field House is slated for Nov. 2 against MSU-Northern.
The regular season comes to an end with a two-game trip that begins in Lewiston, Idaho, to face Lewis-Clark State on Nov. 7. The finale is scheduled for Nov. 9 at Montana tech in Butte, Mont.
The Frontier Conference Tournament is being hosted by Great Falls this season with all matches being played in the McLaughlin Center. The quarterfinals will be played Nov. 15 with the semifinals and championship taking place Nov. 16.
The NAIA Women’s Volleyball National Championship will begin with opening round matches on campus sites on Nov. 30. The final site will return to the Tyson Events Center in Sioux City, Iowa, from Dec. 3-7.
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to lead...
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- 40-foot jumper by Lexi Rydalch secures BYU's...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- High school wrestling: Pleasant Grove dynasty...
- BYU football quiz: How well do you know the...
- Morning links: Hayward becomes 'gaming...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to... 69
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 58
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 50
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 45
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39