Utah Jazz: Syracuse point guard Michael Carter-Williams headlines Tuesday's workouts
SALT LAKE CITY — Another day, another couple of pre-draft workouts for the Utah Jazz.
Continuing a string of prospect evaluations for the June 27 NBA Draft, the Jazz will hold two sessions again Tuesday at Zions Bank Basketball Center.
The first session will include projected lottery pick Syracuse guard Michael Carter-Williams (6-5, 184).
Two mock drafts — draftexpress.com and NBADraft.net — have Carter-Williams going No. 13 to Dallas just ahead of Utah's selection at No. 14. The Jazz also have the 21st and 46th picks.
The second workout will include six players: Miami guard Durand Scott (6-5, 203), Kansas guard Elijah Johnson (6-4, 195), Evansville guard/forward Colt Ryan (6-5, 200), Syracuse guard James Southerland (6-8, 210), Kentucky guard Archie Goodwin (6-4, 198) and Princeton forward Trent Lockett (6-7, 225).
Including this batch of players, the Jazz have invited 60 NBA hopefuls to these workout sessions so far. Utah also held a 24-player free-agent mini-camp last week as it continues to build a talent pool for potential players.
- BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe talks...
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- Carter Williams: Steph Curry is becoming...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 113
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 71
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 68
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 37
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37