Utah Jazz: Syracuse point guard Michael Carter-Williams headlines Tuesday's workouts
SALT LAKE CITY — Another day, another couple of pre-draft workouts for the Utah Jazz.
Continuing a string of prospect evaluations for the June 27 NBA Draft, the Jazz will hold two sessions again Tuesday at Zions Bank Basketball Center.
The first session will include projected lottery pick Syracuse guard Michael Carter-Williams (6-5, 184).
Two mock drafts — draftexpress.com and NBADraft.net — have Carter-Williams going No. 13 to Dallas just ahead of Utah's selection at No. 14. The Jazz also have the 21st and 46th picks.
The second workout will include six players: Miami guard Durand Scott (6-5, 203), Kansas guard Elijah Johnson (6-4, 195), Evansville guard/forward Colt Ryan (6-5, 200), Syracuse guard James Southerland (6-8, 210), Kentucky guard Archie Goodwin (6-4, 198) and Princeton forward Trent Lockett (6-7, 225).
Including this batch of players, the Jazz have invited 60 NBA hopefuls to these workout sessions so far. Utah also held a 24-player free-agent mini-camp last week as it continues to build a talent pool for potential players.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 81
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 72
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 46
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27