Utah Jazz: Syracuse point guard Michael Carter-Williams headlines Tuesday's workouts
SALT LAKE CITY — Another day, another couple of pre-draft workouts for the Utah Jazz.
Continuing a string of prospect evaluations for the June 27 NBA Draft, the Jazz will hold two sessions again Tuesday at Zions Bank Basketball Center.
The first session will include projected lottery pick Syracuse guard Michael Carter-Williams (6-5, 184).
Two mock drafts — draftexpress.com and NBADraft.net — have Carter-Williams going No. 13 to Dallas just ahead of Utah's selection at No. 14. The Jazz also have the 21st and 46th picks.
The second workout will include six players: Miami guard Durand Scott (6-5, 203), Kansas guard Elijah Johnson (6-4, 195), Evansville guard/forward Colt Ryan (6-5, 200), Syracuse guard James Southerland (6-8, 210), Kentucky guard Archie Goodwin (6-4, 198) and Princeton forward Trent Lockett (6-7, 225).
Including this batch of players, the Jazz have invited 60 NBA hopefuls to these workout sessions so far. Utah also held a 24-player free-agent mini-camp last week as it continues to build a talent pool for potential players.
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for BYU; 10...
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting, Miami...
- After year layoff, BYU's Kurtz happy to be...
- Jazz grind out impressive 93-82 win in Memphis
- A tale of two Hills at quarterback for BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Credit BYU's Rose for...
- It was historic weekend for BYU basketball...
- Monarchs announce new stadium proposal in...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 110
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 83
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for... 71
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 51
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 44
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 41
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 40
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting,... 36