Utah Jazz: Syracuse point guard Michael Carter-Williams headlines Tuesday's workouts
SALT LAKE CITY — Another day, another couple of pre-draft workouts for the Utah Jazz.
Continuing a string of prospect evaluations for the June 27 NBA Draft, the Jazz will hold two sessions again Tuesday at Zions Bank Basketball Center.
The first session will include projected lottery pick Syracuse guard Michael Carter-Williams (6-5, 184).
Two mock drafts — draftexpress.com and NBADraft.net — have Carter-Williams going No. 13 to Dallas just ahead of Utah's selection at No. 14. The Jazz also have the 21st and 46th picks.
The second workout will include six players: Miami guard Durand Scott (6-5, 203), Kansas guard Elijah Johnson (6-4, 195), Evansville guard/forward Colt Ryan (6-5, 200), Syracuse guard James Southerland (6-8, 210), Kentucky guard Archie Goodwin (6-4, 198) and Princeton forward Trent Lockett (6-7, 225).
Including this batch of players, the Jazz have invited 60 NBA hopefuls to these workout sessions so far. Utah also held a 24-player free-agent mini-camp last week as it continues to build a talent pool for potential players.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 36
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 33
- Utah Utes take stock of the offense... 31