Ready to roll: US national soccer team ready to host Honduras at Rio Tinto Stadium
"It still sits a bit in my stomach what happened in February, where we were not able to adjust to the climate and circumstances, simple as that, in too short a time. Now, we have the opportunity to clean that thing."
The U.S. has every reason to think it should win the rematch. After all, the team hasn't lost a qualifier on U.S. soil since 2001, going 22-0-2 in that run. Honduras also will not be at full strength, with a couple of first 11 starters suspended because of yellow cards and a couple of others out from injuries. But that's not to say the Americans are looking past their opponent.
"They are going to be missing some important players, but we know from experience with our team that at times when you're missing certain players, the next guys that step in are motivated and do a very good job," said Bradley. "We have a lot of respect for Honduras. We know it will be a difficult game and we are just trying to prepare ourselves the best that we can."
Tuesday's big game has sold out for the second time. After selling out the original allotment of tickets in less than two days, an additional amount was made available over the weekend. Those tickets have been sold and 20,250 fans are expected to be on hand to see if Klinsmann and his players can keep up their recent run of success.
Tailgate party will kick off U.S.-Honduras festivities
U.S. Soccer will host an official pre-game tailgate party at 5 p.m. on the east lawn outside Rio Tinto Stadium. The cost is $50 and includes all-you-can-eat food, soft drinks and water.
In the same area, U.S. Soccer will be conducting a fan fest that will include sponsor activation and a 30-by-18-foot TV that will show recent U.S. MNT highlights.
Upon entering the stadium, each fan will receive a free, special edition game-specific scarf to wear during the match. The scarf is one of a five-part series being provided by U.S. Soccer throughout the final round of 2014 World Cup qualifying. Each scarf includes specific lyrics from "The Star-Spangled Banner." The USA-Honduras scarf includes the lyrics: "Proof Through the Night."
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Utah State caps historic season with win over...
- Jennifer Hamson to lace it up for BYU one...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 40
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28