Utah Jazz: Gordon Hayward gives his traditional Father's Day gift
A Father's Day tradition continued Sunday for the Haywards.
As a gift to his dad, Utah Jazz shooting guard Gordon Daniel Hayward again played pick-up hoops with Gordon Scott Hayward and the group of weekend warriors his father plays against every Sunday in Indiana.
Hayward tweeted about his game with an action shot from the Indianapolis school gym: "Happy fathers day to all the dads out there!! Heres a glimpse of our fathers day tradition."
The 23-year-old, who receives texts from his dad after every game in a 15-year-old tradition they call "Van Talk," joked about outgrowing the competition and giving his dad postgame advice.
The annual tradition was highlighted in Sunday's paper and at deseretnews.com/sports/utah-jazz in a feature ("Ties that bind") about Hayward's tight relationship with his father.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 93
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 87
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 75
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 55
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of... 20