Utah Jazz: Gordon Hayward gives his traditional Father's Day gift
A Father's Day tradition continued Sunday for the Haywards.
As a gift to his dad, Utah Jazz shooting guard Gordon Daniel Hayward again played pick-up hoops with Gordon Scott Hayward and the group of weekend warriors his father plays against every Sunday in Indiana.
Hayward tweeted about his game with an action shot from the Indianapolis school gym: "Happy fathers day to all the dads out there!! Heres a glimpse of our fathers day tradition."
The 23-year-old, who receives texts from his dad after every game in a 15-year-old tradition they call "Van Talk," joked about outgrowing the competition and giving his dad postgame advice.
The annual tradition was highlighted in Sunday's paper and at deseretnews.com/sports/utah-jazz in a feature ("Ties that bind") about Hayward's tight relationship with his father.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37