Utah Jazz: Gordon Hayward gives his traditional Father's Day gift
A Father's Day tradition continued Sunday for the Haywards.
As a gift to his dad, Utah Jazz shooting guard Gordon Daniel Hayward again played pick-up hoops with Gordon Scott Hayward and the group of weekend warriors his father plays against every Sunday in Indiana.
Hayward tweeted about his game with an action shot from the Indianapolis school gym: "Happy fathers day to all the dads out there!! Heres a glimpse of our fathers day tradition."
The 23-year-old, who receives texts from his dad after every game in a 15-year-old tradition they call "Van Talk," joked about outgrowing the competition and giving his dad postgame advice.
The annual tradition was highlighted in Sunday's paper and at deseretnews.com/sports/utah-jazz in a feature ("Ties that bind") about Hayward's tight relationship with his father.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25