Utah Jazz: Gordon Hayward gives his traditional Father's Day gift
A Father's Day tradition continued Sunday for the Haywards.
As a gift to his dad, Utah Jazz shooting guard Gordon Daniel Hayward again played pick-up hoops with Gordon Scott Hayward and the group of weekend warriors his father plays against every Sunday in Indiana.
Hayward tweeted about his game with an action shot from the Indianapolis school gym: "Happy fathers day to all the dads out there!! Heres a glimpse of our fathers day tradition."
The 23-year-old, who receives texts from his dad after every game in a 15-year-old tradition they call "Van Talk," joked about outgrowing the competition and giving his dad postgame advice.
The annual tradition was highlighted in Sunday's paper and at deseretnews.com/sports/utah-jazz in a feature ("Ties that bind") about Hayward's tight relationship with his father.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans... 19