Utah Jazz: Gordon Hayward gives his traditional Father's Day gift
A Father's Day tradition continued Sunday for the Haywards.
As a gift to his dad, Utah Jazz shooting guard Gordon Daniel Hayward again played pick-up hoops with Gordon Scott Hayward and the group of weekend warriors his father plays against every Sunday in Indiana.
Hayward tweeted about his game with an action shot from the Indianapolis school gym: "Happy fathers day to all the dads out there!! Heres a glimpse of our fathers day tradition."
The 23-year-old, who receives texts from his dad after every game in a 15-year-old tradition they call "Van Talk," joked about outgrowing the competition and giving his dad postgame advice.
The annual tradition was highlighted in Sunday's paper and at deseretnews.com/sports/utah-jazz in a feature ("Ties that bind") about Hayward's tight relationship with his father.
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 93
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 45
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33