Utah Jazz: Gordon Hayward gives his traditional Father's Day gift
A Father's Day tradition continued Sunday for the Haywards.
As a gift to his dad, Utah Jazz shooting guard Gordon Daniel Hayward again played pick-up hoops with Gordon Scott Hayward and the group of weekend warriors his father plays against every Sunday in Indiana.
Hayward tweeted about his game with an action shot from the Indianapolis school gym: "Happy fathers day to all the dads out there!! Heres a glimpse of our fathers day tradition."
The 23-year-old, who receives texts from his dad after every game in a 15-year-old tradition they call "Van Talk," joked about outgrowing the competition and giving his dad postgame advice.
The annual tradition was highlighted in Sunday's paper and at deseretnews.com/sports/utah-jazz in a feature ("Ties that bind") about Hayward's tight relationship with his father.
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27