Utah Jazz: Gordon Hayward gives his traditional Father's Day gift
A Father's Day tradition continued Sunday for the Haywards.
As a gift to his dad, Utah Jazz shooting guard Gordon Daniel Hayward again played pick-up hoops with Gordon Scott Hayward and the group of weekend warriors his father plays against every Sunday in Indiana.
Hayward tweeted about his game with an action shot from the Indianapolis school gym: "Happy fathers day to all the dads out there!! Heres a glimpse of our fathers day tradition."
The 23-year-old, who receives texts from his dad after every game in a 15-year-old tradition they call "Van Talk," joked about outgrowing the competition and giving his dad postgame advice.
The annual tradition was highlighted in Sunday's paper and at deseretnews.com/sports/utah-jazz in a feature ("Ties that bind") about Hayward's tight relationship with his father.
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- BYU defense, offense being noticed for...
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big part...
- BYU confirms Jim McMahon will be inducted...
- Parry's Power Guide for week 5
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 137
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 102
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 58
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 47