Father of toddler basketball star 'Trick-Shot-Titus' shares importance of being a dad
"It was pretty big for him, but he just loved carrying it around, and everybody just went crazy at the airport," Ashby said. "I was a pretty proud dad with my little son carrying his own weight."
Whether it is traveling together or simply shooting around at their own home, Ashby says the memories will be priceless.
"We've just done a lot of things that are going to be very special memories and are really fun to experience in real time."
As for the rest of the family, they feel just as involved and proud of what their little brother can do, even though they still haven't quite caught on to how famous Titus really has become.
"They're excited to see Titus succeed," Ashby said. "But the fact that Titus is doing these national television appearances on network TV, I don't think they have any concept of what that is. It's sort of a hobby that we all do together. It's been a lot of fun to do something that's unique together."
Yet being a dad, and spending time with his family, whether shooting hoops or not, is what truly means the most to Ashby.
"I love my kids a lot," Ashby said. "I love having kids because there just never is another situation in life, whether you are a talk show host or a famous person, like it. We put a lot of stock into the influence of somebody who has authority or fame, but it's never like the influence you have over your kids.
"A president might be an inspiring figure, but he's never going to love you like your dad loves you, or your mom. I consider it one of the highest things that I do in life, being a father."
- Viral video: Mom gives 3-year-old a chance to...
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why we...
- Target apologizes, takes down images of...
- 'Need for Speed' is a guilty pleasure at best
- 'Noah' banned in three countries weeks before...
- In the Whirled: Has Pinterest sapped our...
- High teen suicide rates raise alarm on...
- Is 'The Lego Movie' anti-capitalist?
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why... 30
- 'Noah' banned in three countries weeks... 21
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: Save the world,... 11
- Target apologizes, takes down images of... 6
- Expose kids to diversity 5
- Is 'The Lego Movie' anti-capitalist? 5
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion... 4
- Boys suffering from body image concerns 4