Utah Jazz: Arena getting new video scoreboard, but is that the 'major' announcement coming?
SALT LAKE CITY — On Friday, the Utah Jazz announced that they have something important to announce.
"I'm looking forward to a 'big' announcement relative to EnergySolutions Arena on Monday," Jazz CEO Greg Miller said via his Twitter account.
Miller Sports Properties will host a press conference Monday for "a major facility announcement" about the 22-year-old building, per a press release. One viable possibility is that the Jazz will reveal plans to replace their comparatively small and outdated JumboTron this summer.
The organization has purchased a new state-of-the-art video screen, according to sources. Exact details on the size of the screen weren't made available, but installation should take place by the end of August.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28