Utah Jazz: Arena getting new video scoreboard, but is that the 'major' announcement coming?
SALT LAKE CITY — On Friday, the Utah Jazz announced that they have something important to announce.
"I'm looking forward to a 'big' announcement relative to EnergySolutions Arena on Monday," Jazz CEO Greg Miller said via his Twitter account.
Miller Sports Properties will host a press conference Monday for "a major facility announcement" about the 22-year-old building, per a press release. One viable possibility is that the Jazz will reveal plans to replace their comparatively small and outdated JumboTron this summer.
The organization has purchased a new state-of-the-art video screen, according to sources. Exact details on the size of the screen weren't made available, but installation should take place by the end of August.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 146
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 38
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 29
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16