SALT LAKE CITY — A man was charged Friday with torture of a companion animal after a neighbor said he took pictures of him hitting his dog.
Casey Bowmen, 25, of Salt Lake City, was charged in the 3rd District Court with torture of a companion animal, a third-degree felony.
Bowmen’s neighbor heard yelping coming from outside his home on May 29 that he said lasted about three minutes, according to the charging document. He looked outside to see Bowman hit his dog with a closed fist at least twice and stretched the dog out “like a rack” on a table.
Bowmen’s neighbor said he used both hands to force his weight down on top of the dog. The neighbor took pictures of the ordeal while his wife called police, according to the charging document.
The photos given to detectives show the dog on top of the table and Bowmen’s closed fists above the dogs face and Bowmen grabbing the dogs legs to stretch the dog across the table, the charges state. The photos also show Bowmen grabbing the dog by the back of the neck with one hand and carrying the dog into the house.
— Emilee Eagar
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 159
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 78
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17