Kyle Beckerman added to U.S. men's national team roster Friday
CHICAGO — U.S. Men's National Team head coach Jurgen Klinsmann has added Real Salt Lake captain Kyle Beckerman to the roster that is currently in Salt Lake City in advance of the sold-out FIFA World Cup Qualifier against Honduras on June 18 at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Beckerman has appeared 25 times for the United States and served as team captain in the 0-0 draw against Canada on Jan. 29 in Houston. He started in central midfield in the historic 1-0 victory against Mexico on Aug. 15, 2012, the USA's first win against its biggest rival on Mexican soil. He has been a regular member of Klinsmann's squad selections since the coach took over in the summer of 2011, and is the second Real Salt Lake player on the roster, joining goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
Currently in first place in the final round of qualifying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup with 10 points, the U.S. is riding a 22-0-2 unbeaten streak at home in World Cup Qualifying and is coming off a comprehensive 2-0 win against Panama.
Overall, the United States is 3-1-1 halfway through the final phase of its World Cup qualifying campaign, posting shutouts against Panama, Costa Rica and Mexico.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37