Kyle Beckerman added to U.S. men's national team roster Friday
CHICAGO — U.S. Men's National Team head coach Jurgen Klinsmann has added Real Salt Lake captain Kyle Beckerman to the roster that is currently in Salt Lake City in advance of the sold-out FIFA World Cup Qualifier against Honduras on June 18 at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Beckerman has appeared 25 times for the United States and served as team captain in the 0-0 draw against Canada on Jan. 29 in Houston. He started in central midfield in the historic 1-0 victory against Mexico on Aug. 15, 2012, the USA's first win against its biggest rival on Mexican soil. He has been a regular member of Klinsmann's squad selections since the coach took over in the summer of 2011, and is the second Real Salt Lake player on the roster, joining goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
Currently in first place in the final round of qualifying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup with 10 points, the U.S. is riding a 22-0-2 unbeaten streak at home in World Cup Qualifying and is coming off a comprehensive 2-0 win against Panama.
Overall, the United States is 3-1-1 halfway through the final phase of its World Cup qualifying campaign, posting shutouts against Panama, Costa Rica and Mexico.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28