Kyle Beckerman added to U.S. men's national team roster Friday
CHICAGO — U.S. Men's National Team head coach Jurgen Klinsmann has added Real Salt Lake captain Kyle Beckerman to the roster that is currently in Salt Lake City in advance of the sold-out FIFA World Cup Qualifier against Honduras on June 18 at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Beckerman has appeared 25 times for the United States and served as team captain in the 0-0 draw against Canada on Jan. 29 in Houston. He started in central midfield in the historic 1-0 victory against Mexico on Aug. 15, 2012, the USA's first win against its biggest rival on Mexican soil. He has been a regular member of Klinsmann's squad selections since the coach took over in the summer of 2011, and is the second Real Salt Lake player on the roster, joining goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
Currently in first place in the final round of qualifying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup with 10 points, the U.S. is riding a 22-0-2 unbeaten streak at home in World Cup Qualifying and is coming off a comprehensive 2-0 win against Panama.
Overall, the United States is 3-1-1 halfway through the final phase of its World Cup qualifying campaign, posting shutouts against Panama, Costa Rica and Mexico.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- High school boys basketball: Viewmont's...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 87
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 80
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 53
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 42
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 28