Screenshot on Go Time website
Taking an idea that began as a class assignment, BYU graduates Dave Fryer and Greg Wilson turned their energizing smelling salts into a reality called Go Time.
“We were in an entrepreneurial marketing class and we had to come up with a product,” Fryer said in an interview with BYU’s The Digital Universe. “It started off as a school project, but the results from our focus groups were good and showed that it would do well.”
The product was launched this year and acts as an energy boost without consumption.
“Go Time Smelling Salts Ammonia Inhalants are a uniquely scented stimulant,” it reads on the Go Time website. “They provide the user with an instantaneous boost of alertness. The non-ingested delivery system works simply by smelling — no nasty flavored drinks or shots.”
To activate Go Time, users crush the salt within a packet and smell it. The website says it stimulates the nervous system, which delivers a boost of alertness without caffeine or sugar.
Energy-boosting smelling salts are not a new concept. Many professional athletes use smelling salts, but Fryer and Wilson noticed that they are not easily assessable for common consumers.
“(Smelling salts) weren’t in the form that consumers could use,” Wilson said in an interview with The Digital Universe. “We made a consumer version that is more friendly, less strong and better smelling.”
Currently, Go Time is available in select convenience stores in Utah Valley. Go Time comes in peppermint and eucalyptus flavors.
- Piano Guys, David Archuleta, 'Nutcracker':...
- About Utah: Now, he's been everywhere
- 'Say Thanks': Facebook launches new feature...
- Families have become the scapegoat of holiday...
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be what...
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- How actress Blake Lively's family saves money...
- 15 things you should give up to be a happier...
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 39
- Families have become the scapegoat of... 9
- Brittany Maynard, right-to-die voice,... 7
- About Utah: Now, he's been everywhere 5
- Sherry Young: When the scruffy look is... 4
- Be thankful — there's a theology... 4
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be... 4
- This new video game shows that there is... 3