Screenshot on Go Time website
Taking an idea that began as a class assignment, BYU graduates Dave Fryer and Greg Wilson turned their energizing smelling salts into a reality called Go Time.
“We were in an entrepreneurial marketing class and we had to come up with a product,” Fryer said in an interview with BYU’s The Digital Universe. “It started off as a school project, but the results from our focus groups were good and showed that it would do well.”
The product was launched this year and acts as an energy boost without consumption.
“Go Time Smelling Salts Ammonia Inhalants are a uniquely scented stimulant,” it reads on the Go Time website. “They provide the user with an instantaneous boost of alertness. The non-ingested delivery system works simply by smelling — no nasty flavored drinks or shots.”
To activate Go Time, users crush the salt within a packet and smell it. The website says it stimulates the nervous system, which delivers a boost of alertness without caffeine or sugar.
Energy-boosting smelling salts are not a new concept. Many professional athletes use smelling salts, but Fryer and Wilson noticed that they are not easily assessable for common consumers.
“(Smelling salts) weren’t in the form that consumers could use,” Wilson said in an interview with The Digital Universe. “We made a consumer version that is more friendly, less strong and better smelling.”
Currently, Go Time is available in select convenience stores in Utah Valley. Go Time comes in peppermint and eucalyptus flavors.
- In music video, boy band tells Provo women...
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- 25 ways I know my husband loves me
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- 'The Voice' returns Monday with Pharrell,...
- Why babies are expensive, but could save you...
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 150
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 45
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 30
- Character counts, but politics, gender... 28
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of... 6
- Why do Elsa's and Anna's parents have... 6