Celebrating its 60th anniversary, Cannes ad festival starts Sunday
The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity celebrates its 60th anniversary this year. The festival, which USA Today calls “the ad world's largest trade show and awards event,” gets underway Sunday.
USA Today’s Laura Petrecca recently highlighted the presence of positive themes in several TV ads nominated for awards at this year’s festival: “Sometimes, it's the heart-tugging ads that really connect with consumers. Anheuser-Busch showed that in February, with a sentimental and widely praised Super Bowl commercial that featured a touching reunion between a Budweiser Clydesdale foal and its trainer. ... Many of the top award contenders for the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity ... put forth moving messages. They tell inspirational stories and give words of thanks and encouragement.”
To celebrate the 60th anniversary of Cannes Lions, British newspaper The Guardian has posted several video compilations of past festival winners on its website.
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker release...
- Time for an assessment of the year in movies...
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Stop yelling...
- New Episcopal presiding bishop gives message...
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: The books that change us
- Beat the heat: 33 free splash pads in Utah
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings 'America the...
- Matching 'the majesty': Tuacahn Amphitheatre...
- In our opinion: Declaration of... 21
- Does Shakespeare still have a place in... 10
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker... 9
- UTubers: Vocal Point director, mom... 4
- Where are all the good Fourth of July... 4
- An 'all-American tradition': Fourth of... 3
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Stop... 3
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings 'America the... 2