Celebrating its 60th anniversary, Cannes ad festival starts Sunday
The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity celebrates its 60th anniversary this year. The festival, which USA Today calls “the ad world's largest trade show and awards event,” gets underway Sunday.
USA Today’s Laura Petrecca recently highlighted the presence of positive themes in several TV ads nominated for awards at this year’s festival: “Sometimes, it's the heart-tugging ads that really connect with consumers. Anheuser-Busch showed that in February, with a sentimental and widely praised Super Bowl commercial that featured a touching reunion between a Budweiser Clydesdale foal and its trainer. ... Many of the top award contenders for the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity ... put forth moving messages. They tell inspirational stories and give words of thanks and encouragement.”
To celebrate the 60th anniversary of Cannes Lions, British newspaper The Guardian has posted several video compilations of past festival winners on its website.
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- Here’s a look at Disney’s newest...
- 30 questions to ask your kid instead of 'How...
- Sherry Young: Dreams of these three people...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling and Lexi Walker...
- Teach your children to be coachable
- The Clean Cut: Peewee football players dance...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who... 7
- Pope asserts marriage is forever at... 5
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies... 4
- Here’s a look at Disney’s... 4
- 5 amazing true stories of fate bringing... 3
- My view: Teenagers need environments... 3
- Sherry Young: Dreams of these three... 2
- The Clean Cut: Bindi Irwin, Crocodile... 1