Celebrating its 60th anniversary, Cannes ad festival starts Sunday
The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity celebrates its 60th anniversary this year. The festival, which USA Today calls “the ad world's largest trade show and awards event,” gets underway Sunday.
USA Today’s Laura Petrecca recently highlighted the presence of positive themes in several TV ads nominated for awards at this year’s festival: “Sometimes, it's the heart-tugging ads that really connect with consumers. Anheuser-Busch showed that in February, with a sentimental and widely praised Super Bowl commercial that featured a touching reunion between a Budweiser Clydesdale foal and its trainer. ... Many of the top award contenders for the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity ... put forth moving messages. They tell inspirational stories and give words of thanks and encouragement.”
To celebrate the 60th anniversary of Cannes Lions, British newspaper The Guardian has posted several video compilations of past festival winners on its website.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- 2015 summer festivals and celebrations around...
- Motherhood Matters: 6 ways to help your shy...
- Studies show different roles of mothers...
- It's 'trauma season' in Utah for children
- U.S. marriage rate hits new low and may...
- How strict should parents really be?
- Family stress and poverty affect... 11
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 10
- Why exposing your children to another... 5
- Disney's 'Tomorrowland' is a... 5
- How strict should parents really be? 5
- 100 deadly days of summer: What you... 4
- About Utah: Reliving their great escape... 4
- Great-grandfather receives honorary... 3