The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity celebrates its 60th anniversary this year. The festival, which USA Today calls “the ad world's largest trade show and awards event,” gets underway Sunday.
USA Today’s Laura Petrecca recently highlighted the presence of positive themes in several TV ads nominated for awards at this year’s festival: “Sometimes, it's the heart-tugging ads that really connect with consumers. Anheuser-Busch showed that in February, with a sentimental and widely praised Super Bowl commercial that featured a touching reunion between a Budweiser Clydesdale foal and its trainer. ... Many of the top award contenders for the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity ... put forth moving messages. They tell inspirational stories and give words of thanks and encouragement.”
To celebrate the 60th anniversary of Cannes Lions, British newspaper The Guardian has posted several video compilations of past festival winners on its website.
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for family...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Netflix has a different take on modern...
- Tabernacle hosts annual LDS Latino Christmas...
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million viewers
- 4 recently released LDS picture books
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 15
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound... 12
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million... 12
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 8
- The Killers collaborates with Owen... 7
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh... 6
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 6
- Faith sustained author through... 5