Celebrating its 60th anniversary, Cannes ad festival starts Sunday
The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity celebrates its 60th anniversary this year. The festival, which USA Today calls “the ad world's largest trade show and awards event,” gets underway Sunday.
USA Today’s Laura Petrecca recently highlighted the presence of positive themes in several TV ads nominated for awards at this year’s festival: “Sometimes, it's the heart-tugging ads that really connect with consumers. Anheuser-Busch showed that in February, with a sentimental and widely praised Super Bowl commercial that featured a touching reunion between a Budweiser Clydesdale foal and its trainer. ... Many of the top award contenders for the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity ... put forth moving messages. They tell inspirational stories and give words of thanks and encouragement.”
- 3 Utah mothers to compete in U.S. Olympic...
- Stress, chocolate and loneliness: How...
- Sherry Young: Can we go from snow sliding...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: The romance of restraint
- Erin Stewart: To my husband on Valentine's Day
- The Clean Cut: Video of mom-and-baby workout...
- Free marriage check-up clinic offered at...
- The heart of the matter: What your pulse says...
- If Splenda gives Swiss rats cancer,... 6
- Valentine's Day is the day to see loved... 2
- Erin Stewart: To my husband on... 1
- Sherry Young: Can we go from snow... 1
- The heart of the matter: What your... 0
- Motherhood Matters: How to manage... 0
- The Clean Cut: New trailer for... 0
- UTubers: Devin Graham re-creates... 0