Utah Jazz: Saturday's big workouts include BYU's Brandon Davies, Gonzaga's Kelly Olynyk
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz's busy week of evaluating prospective players will continue Saturday with a pair of intriguing pre-draft workouts.
Two West Coast Conference big men — BYU's Brandon Davies and Gonzaga's Kelly Olynyk — highlight a group of 12 NBA hopefuls who'll participate in the two sessions at Zions Bank Basketball Center.
The 7-foot, 238-pound Olynyk, whose No. 1-seeded Bulldogs were stunned in the early rounds of the NCAA tournament at EnergySolutions Arena, is the highest-rated player out of the dozen prospects, according to popular mock drafts.
But Saturday's two workouts also include potential first-rounders such as French center Rudy Gobert (7-1, 235), Louisville center Gorgui Dieng (6-11, 245) and Murray State point guard Isaiah Canaan.
The first workout will feature Canaan, Olynyk, San Diego State guard Jamaal Franklin (6-5, 205), New Mexico guard Tony Snell (6-7, 200), Arizona forward Grant Jerrett (6-10, 235) and Virginia guard Erick Green (6-3, 185).
The second workout will feature Davies, Dieng, Gobert, Cal State Fullerton guard Kwame Vaughn (6-3, 195), St. Mary's guard Matthew Dellavedova (6-4 190) and Oregon forward Arsalan Kazemi (6-7, 226).
The Jazz will likely hold more workouts next week leading up to the June 27 NBA draft. Utah has three picks, including the 14th and 21st selections in the first round.
All pre-draft workouts are closed to the public and media.
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Olympic organizers suspect 'isolated'...
- Cavaliers re-sign veteran forward Richard...
- Jimmy Walker opens with 65 at stifling PGA;...
- Akpom scores deciding goal as Arsenal tops...
- Streb shoots 63 and joins Walker in lead at PGA
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 65
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 52
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 40
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 20