Utah Blaze looking to pick up the pieces against Jacksonville
SALT LAKE CITY — It started with glimmers of prosperity and feelings of potentially challenging for an AFL championship. Now the Utah Blaze's 2013 season appears to be about picking up the pieces.
Utah (4-7) dropped its third-consecutive game on the road against Chicago last week, 67-43, furthering the gap within the West Division in the process. At this point, Arizona (11-1), Spokane (9-3) and San Jose (8-3) are all well ahead in the standings based on overall records.
As a result, the Blaze host Jacksonville on Saturday at 7 p.m. inside EnergySolutions Arena with nothing to lose.
The Sharks (8-4) sit atop the American Conference but have struggled against National Conference competition with a 1-4 record, including an 0-3 mark against West Division teams. Jacksonville potentially will make a change behind center with Kyle Rowley listed as the intended starter to replace Bernard Morris, who remains on the inactive reserve list.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35