Jason Swensen, Deseret News
This list was originally published on the jmoney34sports blog and has been edited and republished with permission.
I remember as a kid going over to the church on Saturday afternoons to turn on the giant NASA like satellite dish. The reason we did that was to watch BYU football.
BYU was so entertaining to watch in those old WAC days. You couldn’t take your eyes off of their run and gun, high octane, offensive football. Although the Y. always had solid receivers and really good tight ends, the reason they were so exciting was because of the quarterbacks.
We all know the quarterback is the backbone of any successful offense and the leader of the team. With that said, I’ve decided to look back and rank the top 15 BYU quarterbacks of all time.
I can’t write this list without at least mentioning who brought the system to BYU that made most of these quarterbacks so successful. I’m sure they would all agree that BYU football would be nothing without the genius of LaVell Edwards.
Editor's note: Where did Jay mess up? Let us know in the comments.
Born in Ontario, Canada, Jay Yeomans moved to Utah at 15 and now lives in Sandy with his wife Matti. He loves sports and is a diehard BYU fan. Read his blog at Jmoney34sports.wordpress.com — Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 109
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 24
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21