SALT LAKE CITY — The Governor’s Office of Economic Development announced Thursday that Utah-based HireVue will expand its operations, adding 540 new jobs.
GOED also announced that MasterControl will expand its Salt Lake-based operations, creating nearly 200 new jobs.
HireVue is an on-demand digital interviewing platform provider. The GOED board of directors approved a $1,513,573 Economic Development Tax Increment Finance post-performance refundable tax credit.
Over the seven-year life of the agreement with the state, the company will add 540 new positions, paying out more than $172,876,212 in new state wages. All of the jobs will pay at least 125 percent of the Salt Lake County average annual wage including benefits. HireVue will pay approximately $10,090,489 in new state taxes during the term of the agreement and will invest over $30 million in capital expansion.
HireVue says its on-demand interview platform greatly reduces the time and cost it takes to find, interview, vet and hire employees, while simultaneously improving interview quality and consistency, the company says. It currently employs 100 people in engineering, support, customer success, sales and marketing.
The GOED board of directors also approved a $836,059 Economic Development Tax Increment Finance post-performance refundable tax credit for MasterControl — a company that aims to make software products that enable companies in highly regulated environments such as life science to get products to market in a timely, cost-effective and efficient manner.
Under the terms of the agreement, MasterControl will create 197 new positions over the five-year life of the deal with the state. The company will also pay out more than $54,120,978 in new state wages, with all of the incented jobs to pay at least 125 percent of the county’s average annual wage including benefits.
During the same time period, MasterControl will pay approximately $4,180,294 in new state taxes and invest more than $15 million in capital expansion at its Salt Lake headquarters.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 21
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16