Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
HERRIMAN — The thrill of competition has taken hold of Special Olympians this week.
Special Olympics Utah is holding the 2013 Harmons Summer Games, which began Thursday and run through Saturday at Herriman High School.
In a continued partnership with the Jordan School District, Herriman High School and Harmons Grocer, Special Olympics Utah offers athletes from all over Utah the opportunity to enjoy this three-day event where they will compete in athletics, cycling, team sports, and many other activities.
It is the mission of Special Olympics Utah to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Payson to hold hearing on proposed tax increase
- UDOT plans to upgrade Redwood Road in...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14