SANDY — A building was damaged but no one was injured Thursday after a vehicle crashed into a dry cleaning business.
About 7:35 a.m., a 54-year-old man was driving his brand new SUV to Trailside Dry Cleaning at 10669 S. State. As he was pulling in directly in front of the store, he accidentally hit the gas and went into the business, according to Sandy police. His car went inside the building and caused damage to the store's front end.
Store owners Mark and Kelly Burnett were cleaning up after the damage. Sandy Police Sgt. Troy Arnold said the accident is still under investigation.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8