SANDY — A building was damaged but no one was injured Thursday after a vehicle crashed into a dry cleaning business.
About 7:35 a.m., a 54-year-old man was driving his brand new SUV to Trailside Dry Cleaning at 10669 S. State. As he was pulling in directly in front of the store, he accidentally hit the gas and went into the business, according to Sandy police. His car went inside the building and caused damage to the store's front end.
Store owners Mark and Kelly Burnett were cleaning up after the damage. Sandy Police Sgt. Troy Arnold said the accident is still under investigation.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 24