SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Transportation has named Shane Marshall as the department's deputy director. Marshall has nearly two decades of experience at UDOT and has been serving as Region Three director.
As region director, Marshall oversaw an unprecedented construction program and managed UDOT’s responsibilities in six counties. He also has served as the Region Three program manager and as the department’s director of environmental services. In these roles, he oversaw the project schedule, budget and administration of UDOT projects and worked to address the environmental needs for the state's transportation system.
“Shane started his career with UDOT right out of college and has worked in a wide variety of positions that helped hone his leadership skills,” UDOT Director Carlos Braceras said. “More importantly he has always been one of our most innovative thinkers with a knack for solving Utah’s transportation problems.”
Marshall will help Braceras lead UDOT’s 1,800 employees, as well as the design, construction, and maintenance of Utah’s 6,000-mile system of roads and highways.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 57
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17