SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Transportation has named Shane Marshall as the department's deputy director. Marshall has nearly two decades of experience at UDOT and has been serving as Region Three director.
As region director, Marshall oversaw an unprecedented construction program and managed UDOT’s responsibilities in six counties. He also has served as the Region Three program manager and as the department’s director of environmental services. In these roles, he oversaw the project schedule, budget and administration of UDOT projects and worked to address the environmental needs for the state's transportation system.
“Shane started his career with UDOT right out of college and has worked in a wide variety of positions that helped hone his leadership skills,” UDOT Director Carlos Braceras said. “More importantly he has always been one of our most innovative thinkers with a knack for solving Utah’s transportation problems.”
Marshall will help Braceras lead UDOT’s 1,800 employees, as well as the design, construction, and maintenance of Utah’s 6,000-mile system of roads and highways.
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat...
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- Police identify man found dead near Jordan River
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- Utah defends anti-polygamy law, saying it...
- Families protest at final prison relocation...
- State parks of Utah: Northern region
- Koch brothers group launches campaign against...
- Koch brothers group launches campaign... 52
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 34
- Families protest at final prison... 29
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat... 19
- Jammed highway lights fire under Arches... 18
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked... 17
- Watchdog group accuses Utah lawmaker of... 15