SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Transportation has named Shane Marshall as the department's deputy director. Marshall has nearly two decades of experience at UDOT and has been serving as Region Three director.
As region director, Marshall oversaw an unprecedented construction program and managed UDOT’s responsibilities in six counties. He also has served as the Region Three program manager and as the department’s director of environmental services. In these roles, he oversaw the project schedule, budget and administration of UDOT projects and worked to address the environmental needs for the state's transportation system.
“Shane started his career with UDOT right out of college and has worked in a wide variety of positions that helped hone his leadership skills,” UDOT Director Carlos Braceras said. “More importantly he has always been one of our most innovative thinkers with a knack for solving Utah’s transportation problems.”
Marshall will help Braceras lead UDOT’s 1,800 employees, as well as the design, construction, and maintenance of Utah’s 6,000-mile system of roads and highways.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 121
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 26
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 17
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12