SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Transportation has named Shane Marshall as the department's deputy director. Marshall has nearly two decades of experience at UDOT and has been serving as Region Three director.
As region director, Marshall oversaw an unprecedented construction program and managed UDOT’s responsibilities in six counties. He also has served as the Region Three program manager and as the department’s director of environmental services. In these roles, he oversaw the project schedule, budget and administration of UDOT projects and worked to address the environmental needs for the state's transportation system.
“Shane started his career with UDOT right out of college and has worked in a wide variety of positions that helped hone his leadership skills,” UDOT Director Carlos Braceras said. “More importantly he has always been one of our most innovative thinkers with a knack for solving Utah’s transportation problems.”
Marshall will help Braceras lead UDOT’s 1,800 employees, as well as the design, construction, and maintenance of Utah’s 6,000-mile system of roads and highways.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12