BYU soccer: Cougars ready for Friday’s home game against the Southern California Seahorses
PROVO, Utah — The BYU players ended their first academy soccer camps this week, after coaching youth ages 10-17. Despite the extra hours of service, the Cougars said they are excited to host a division rival this weekend in their final game until the end of July.
“We are very excited to play the Seahorses on Friday night, right after our first overnight soccer camps this week,” BYU coach Chad Sackett said. “We expect it to be a great atmosphere with many of our campers at the game. The players are more prepared than they ever have been and are ready to get a win this weekend.”
After a hard fought game last weekend, BYU’s record stands at 1–5–1. BYU will play in six more games this season, three of which will be played in Provo, Utah.
This week's game will take place June 14 at 7:30 p.m. at South Field on BYU campus. There will be a meet and greet with the team after the game. Fans can also watch the game streaming live on KSL and Deseret News.
Brooke Arrington is a public relations major at Brigham Young University and the Public Relations Coordinator for the BYU mens' soccer team.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- BYU's 25-point win over UConn best margin of...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 52
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 50
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 36
- Peavler: Why the UConn game won't be a... 36
- BYU Cougars video: Jeff Call tells us... 33
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28