SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert is seeking nominations to fill an open seat on the State Board of Education.
Interested individuals are encouraged to email a résumé to email@example.com with "Nomination to District 6" in the subject line by June 21. The District 6 seat, which represents portions of West Jordan, Taylorsville, Kearns and West Valley City, was recently vacated by board member Joel Coleman, who was appointed last week as the new superintendent of the Utah Schools For the Deaf and Blind.
The State Board of Education is composed of 15 elected members and is charged in the Utah Constitution with the general control and supervision of public schools in the state. The governor's appointee will be expected to fulfil the remainder of Coleman's term in office, which ends Dec. 31, 2014, and will be subject to a confirmation hearing by the Utah Senate.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15