SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert is seeking nominations to fill an open seat on the State Board of Education.
Interested individuals are encouraged to email a résumé to email@example.com with "Nomination to District 6" in the subject line by June 21. The District 6 seat, which represents portions of West Jordan, Taylorsville, Kearns and West Valley City, was recently vacated by board member Joel Coleman, who was appointed last week as the new superintendent of the Utah Schools For the Deaf and Blind.
The State Board of Education is composed of 15 elected members and is charged in the Utah Constitution with the general control and supervision of public schools in the state. The governor's appointee will be expected to fulfil the remainder of Coleman's term in office, which ends Dec. 31, 2014, and will be subject to a confirmation hearing by the Utah Senate.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20