SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert is seeking nominations to fill an open seat on the State Board of Education.
Interested individuals are encouraged to email a résumé to email@example.com with "Nomination to District 6" in the subject line by June 21. The District 6 seat, which represents portions of West Jordan, Taylorsville, Kearns and West Valley City, was recently vacated by board member Joel Coleman, who was appointed last week as the new superintendent of the Utah Schools For the Deaf and Blind.
The State Board of Education is composed of 15 elected members and is charged in the Utah Constitution with the general control and supervision of public schools in the state. The governor's appointee will be expected to fulfil the remainder of Coleman's term in office, which ends Dec. 31, 2014, and will be subject to a confirmation hearing by the Utah Senate.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13