WEST VALLEY CITY — The public is invited to splash into the World's Largest Swimming Lesson at the West Valley City Family Fitness Center.
The event is Tuesday, June 18 at 9 a.m. at the fitness center, 5415 W. 3100 South. Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m., and participants must register by Saturday, June 15.
The event involves the nation's top water safety and training organizations joining forces to build awareness about the vital importance of teaching children to swim to help prevent drowning. The West Valley center will join water parks, pools and other aquatic facilities around the globe in hosting lessons simultaneously in an attempt to break the Guinness World Record.
The World's Largest Swimming Lesson was created to serve as a platform to help local community aquatic facilities and the many different national, regional and statewide water safety and drowning prevention organizations work together to help children learn to swim.
For more information or to register, call 801-955-4000.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 21
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11