Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Coca-Cola Co. announced that Park City native Ted Ligety will be one its “Four-Pack” of athletes to serve as active, living ambassadors for the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games.
Ligety will be involved in the soft drink company’s marketing efforts for Sochi 2014 — encouraging fans to lead healthy, balanced lifestyles.
The foursome includes two-time Olympic figure skating medalist Michelle Kwan; Evan Lysacek, gold medalist in men’s figure skating at the 2010 Winter Olympics; Amy Purdy, three-time World Cup champion in para-snowboarding and a Paralympic hopeful for Sochi 2014; along with Ligety — a gold medalist in men’s alpine skiing at the 2006 Torino Winter Olympics and Sochi 2014 hopeful.
All four athletes will have prominent roles in the company’s marketing efforts leading up to the Games and will be featured, in part, in digital advertising, packaging and retail ads.
This is the fourth consecutive Olympic Games in which Coca-Cola has featured a collection of athletes as part of its Olympic marketing program. The “Six Pack” that competed in Beijing in 2008 brought home 14 Olympic medals, the “Six Pack” from Vancouver in 2010 won four medals and the “Eight Pack” from London in 2012 earned 12 medals.
Specific plans for how the “Four Pack” will be featured in the Coca-Cola 2014 Olympic program will be revealed later this year.
— Jasen Lee
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 40
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 15