Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Coca-Cola Co. announced that Park City native Ted Ligety will be one its “Four-Pack” of athletes to serve as active, living ambassadors for the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games.
Ligety will be involved in the soft drink company’s marketing efforts for Sochi 2014 — encouraging fans to lead healthy, balanced lifestyles.
The foursome includes two-time Olympic figure skating medalist Michelle Kwan; Evan Lysacek, gold medalist in men’s figure skating at the 2010 Winter Olympics; Amy Purdy, three-time World Cup champion in para-snowboarding and a Paralympic hopeful for Sochi 2014; along with Ligety — a gold medalist in men’s alpine skiing at the 2006 Torino Winter Olympics and Sochi 2014 hopeful.
All four athletes will have prominent roles in the company’s marketing efforts leading up to the Games and will be featured, in part, in digital advertising, packaging and retail ads.
This is the fourth consecutive Olympic Games in which Coca-Cola has featured a collection of athletes as part of its Olympic marketing program. The “Six Pack” that competed in Beijing in 2008 brought home 14 Olympic medals, the “Six Pack” from Vancouver in 2010 won four medals and the “Eight Pack” from London in 2012 earned 12 medals.
Specific plans for how the “Four Pack” will be featured in the Coca-Cola 2014 Olympic program will be revealed later this year.
— Jasen Lee
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- Fire rips through Draper garage during...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Three Salt Lake City golf courses slated for...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Poll: Strong approval ratings for Gov.... 27
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15