Military father surprises daughter after she throws first pitch at Rays-Red Sox game
Nine-year-old Alayna Adams wasn’t expecting any surprises when she was asked to throw the first pitch at the Rays-Red Sox game May 16.
Before Alayna pitched the baseball, Alayna’s father, Lt. Col. Will Adams, who has spent most of the past two years stationed in Afghanistan, appeared on the giant video screen at Tropicana Field telling Alayna and her mother that he would be home soon.
Alayna smiled and threw the ball down the center to the catcher. What she didn’t know was that the catcher was her father. Adams had come home early to surprise his family, and he did just that.
“[I] can’t believe I’m finally back with the girls,” Lt. Col. Adams said in an interview on Fox Sports. “There are so many service members still overseas and I just really appreciate what the USO and the Tampa Rays could do for us.”
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- A community comes together to support a...
- Want your marriage to last? Have another child
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie?
- U.S. kids react — hilariously —...
- 13-year-old keeps dad alive after he was...
- As Common Core results trickle in, initial...
- The Clean Cut: Children taste dark chocolate...
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie? 15
- Want your marriage to last? Have... 12
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 9
- Sherry Young: A mother's glimpse into... 5
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon... 5
- Trust, forgiveness and repentance are... 5
- As Common Core results trickle in,... 3
- The Clean Cut: 5-year-old British boy... 3