Amy Sancetta, AP
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah fuel prices are beginning to surge. According to the latest AAA gas price survey, all metro areas in Utah are registering price increases, ranging from 8 cents to 40 cents per gallon.
The average price for a gallon of regular gasoline in Utah is $3.73, the same price as this time last year. However, the price is 22 cents higher than last month’s AAA report. Nationally, 20 states have lower average fuel prices than the Beehive State.
All Utah metro areas reported an increase over last month, with motorists in Logan experiencing the largest hike of 40 cents to register an average price of $3.80 a gallon. In contrast, the lowest price was reported in St. George at $3.62 per gallon, an increase of 8 cents.
“While prices may tick higher in the next few days, AAA continues to expect lower prices as June continues,” said AAA Utah spokesperson Cynthia Harris.
Nationwide, the highest average price of gasoline was in Wailuku, Hawaii, where motorists paid $4.58 per gallon. Meanwhile, the lowest prices were reported in South Carolina, at $3.18 per gallon.
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 103
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 67
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 44
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 42
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24