Book review: 'Fatherhood: The Manliest Profession' gives entertaining look at being a dad
"Fatherhood: The Manliest Profession" is filled with true stories from fatherhood that are meant to showcase the craziness and humor of being a parent.
Though written for dads, author Matthew Buckley — the pen name for Marion Ray Jensen — encapsulates the day-to-day humor to which any parent can relate. Buckley states: "Fatherhood is work. Fatherhood is hard. ... The purpose of this book is to remind us just how fun it can be."
And funny it is. From commentaries between father and child(ren), to full-blown stories of the antics of children, "Fatherhood" has quite literal laugh-out-loud moments.
Stories include bedtime woes, a father giving advice to his teenage son about girls, "fixing" the clocks on Christmas Eve and other tales concerning being an example to children and the mischievous things kids do.
Fatherhood is hard and so is parenthood, for that matter. Buckley helps fathers (and mothers) remember how hilarious and entertaining raising children actually can be. The only advice this book might offer is to simply enjoy and laugh at events in parenting.
"Fatherhood: The Manliest Profession" is a humorous, quick read — great for any dad. This book will help fathers to remember and realize all of the funny moments that happen amid the chaos of having their own children and families.
Buckley's book is void of any inappropriate material.
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Emma Watson to star in live-action 'Beauty...
- 'In Football We Trust' puts a religious twist...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Rules and advice from 'Downton Abbey: Rules...
- Miss Colombia crowned Miss Universe in Miami
- Theater review: BYU stages magnificent 'Monte...
- Sundance doc pulls back curtain on Scientology
- Miss Colombia crowned Miss Universe in... 4
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with... 3
- Book review: Young widow's memoir... 2
- 'Building audiences': Sundance Film... 1
- Star-Lord vs. Captain America:... 1
- Doug's Take: 'American Sniper' captures... 1
- Oscar snubs? Hey, Academy Awards are... 1
- Robert Redford: Sundance Film Festival... 1