Book review: 'Fatherhood: The Manliest Profession' gives entertaining look at being a dad
"Fatherhood: The Manliest Profession" is filled with true stories from fatherhood that are meant to showcase the craziness and humor of being a parent.
Though written for dads, author Matthew Buckley — the pen name for Marion Ray Jensen — encapsulates the day-to-day humor to which any parent can relate. Buckley states: "Fatherhood is work. Fatherhood is hard. ... The purpose of this book is to remind us just how fun it can be."
And funny it is. From commentaries between father and child(ren), to full-blown stories of the antics of children, "Fatherhood" has quite literal laugh-out-loud moments.
Stories include bedtime woes, a father giving advice to his teenage son about girls, "fixing" the clocks on Christmas Eve and other tales concerning being an example to children and the mischievous things kids do.
Fatherhood is hard and so is parenthood, for that matter. Buckley helps fathers (and mothers) remember how hilarious and entertaining raising children actually can be. The only advice this book might offer is to simply enjoy and laugh at events in parenting.
"Fatherhood: The Manliest Profession" is a humorous, quick read — great for any dad. This book will help fathers to remember and realize all of the funny moments that happen amid the chaos of having their own children and families.
Buckley's book is void of any inappropriate material.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt Romney...
- Julie Andrews missed NBC's live 'Sound of Music'
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Sundance to premiere 117 independent feature...
- Ballet West's 'Nutcracker' a splendid success
- The Bandito gets into the Christmas spirit
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at... 10
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt... 7
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be... 7
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: What if negative... 6
- Toddler basketball star,... 5
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition... 2
- Study: Erratic TV violence ratings fail... 1