TOOELE — The Tooele Board of Education has approved Scott Rogers as superintendent for Tooele County School District. His appointment will be effective July 1.
Rogers fills the vacancy left by Superintendent Terry Linares, who is retiring. The Tooele District, in a prepared statement, thanked Linares for the dedication and devotion she has demonstrated within the Tooele County School District for the past 39 years.
Rogers has been a superintendent in Idaho for 12 years, serving as the superintendent of Minidoka County Joint School District since July 2005.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20