PROVO, Utah – The U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association announced Monday that five members of the BYU men’s track and field team earned All-America honors at the NCAA Division I Outdoor Championships.
Curtis Carr, Victor Weirich and Jared Ward earned first-team All-America accolades by finishing in the top eight of their respective events at the Championships hosted by the University of Oregon. Carr ran a personal best in the 3,000-meter steeplechase (8:40.87) to place fourth, Weirich jumped a personal best in the pole vault (18 feet 2.5 inches) to finish fifth and Ward placed eighth in 10,000-meter run. The three scored all 10 of BYU’s points as the Cougars finished tied for 24th.
The men’s track and field program has now accumulated 210 outdoor All-Americans in its history.
To see a complete list of outdoor track and field All-American selections, visit USTFCCCA's website.
Kyle Chilton is the director of media relations for BYU men's basketball. He can be reached at 801-422-4909, firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @kylechilton.
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four is my...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond):...
- Morning links: National college football...
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- Former BYU wide receiver Cody Hoffman rejoins...
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat about this...
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's open to...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 99
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 32
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 6
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four... 5