What's New: 'Question of the Soul' provides answers from Book of Mormon
Some books seem designed by their very nature to invite readers to form an interactive personal relationship with the words printed on their pages. The Book of Mormon is one of these books.
In "Questions of the Soul: Answers from the Book of Mormon," David A. Christensen sheds light on both the general and personal relevance of the Book of Mormon by providing a series of questions and answers we can ponder in conjunction with our own study of the scriptures.
Christensen is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and has served as president of the Chile Santiago North Mission and the Guatemala City Missionary Training Center. He recently took early retirement from his decades-long work on the Brigham Young University-Idaho religion faculty and is currently associated with the school as adjunct faculty while he pursues writing and humanitarian work in Honduras.
The author provides more than one way to read his book and more than one way to ponder and receive answers to the questions he presents. He explains the book can be read from beginning to end or isolated according to any of the book’s 44 main questions.
The “answers” to Christensen’s questions take shape in both a small sampling of relevant scriptures and brief commentary of his own. Perhaps most importantly, he provides pages for readers to ask and answer questions of their own — as well as extra space to make personal revelatory notes in each of his 44 main chapters.
As an author, Christensen’s main concern does not appear to be convincing readers to accept his “commentary,” or even the verses he uses to illustrate his chosen answers. Instead, he seems focused on helping to catalyze revelatory experiences for those who approach the Book of Mormon with “a sincere heart, (and) real intent” (see Moroni 10:4).
"Questions of the Soul" is a good book for those seeking to make the Book of Mormon a greater part of their lives.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical coming to Salt...
- LDS leader describes writing Elder Neal A....
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- Elizabeth Smart encourages BYU audience to...
- Gay marriage debate is changing how Americans...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 98
- Ask Angela: LDS women have unrealistic... 53
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 39
- When Satan steals your motherhood 36
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to... 35
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical coming to... 31
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- 'Son of God' is strong on production,... 20