SALT LAKE CITY — David Russon, founder, president and CEO of Salt Lake City-based Investment Management Consultants, was recently appointed to the Utah Securities Commission by Gov. Gary Herbert.
The five-member commission supports and advises the Utah Division of Securities — the state agency responsible for regulating the Utah securities industry and enforcing state securities laws.
Russon, who will serve a four-year term, has worked in the financial industry for 30 years. Throughout his career, he has studied market trends and provided investment advice to various clients.
"I'm honored by the opportunity to serve the investing public of Utah as a member of the Securities Commission of the Utah Division of Securities," Russon said. "The division maintains a very high standard of ethics through its regulation of the securities industry, as well as the enforcement of Utah securities law. As a commissioner, I will seek to provide thoughtful and meaningful direction through my activity, and I look forward to making a positive difference."
In addition to regulating the securities industry, the division’s mission includes a mandate to help educate and protect Utah’s investors.
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Unwarranted drug database search prompts new...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14