SALT LAKE CITY — David Russon, founder, president and CEO of Salt Lake City-based Investment Management Consultants, was recently appointed to the Utah Securities Commission by Gov. Gary Herbert.
The five-member commission supports and advises the Utah Division of Securities — the state agency responsible for regulating the Utah securities industry and enforcing state securities laws.
Russon, who will serve a four-year term, has worked in the financial industry for 30 years. Throughout his career, he has studied market trends and provided investment advice to various clients.
"I'm honored by the opportunity to serve the investing public of Utah as a member of the Securities Commission of the Utah Division of Securities," Russon said. "The division maintains a very high standard of ethics through its regulation of the securities industry, as well as the enforcement of Utah securities law. As a commissioner, I will seek to provide thoughtful and meaningful direction through my activity, and I look forward to making a positive difference."
In addition to regulating the securities industry, the division’s mission includes a mandate to help educate and protect Utah’s investors.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 79
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12