SALT LAKE CITY — David Russon, founder, president and CEO of Salt Lake City-based Investment Management Consultants, was recently appointed to the Utah Securities Commission by Gov. Gary Herbert.
The five-member commission supports and advises the Utah Division of Securities — the state agency responsible for regulating the Utah securities industry and enforcing state securities laws.
Russon, who will serve a four-year term, has worked in the financial industry for 30 years. Throughout his career, he has studied market trends and provided investment advice to various clients.
"I'm honored by the opportunity to serve the investing public of Utah as a member of the Securities Commission of the Utah Division of Securities," Russon said. "The division maintains a very high standard of ethics through its regulation of the securities industry, as well as the enforcement of Utah securities law. As a commissioner, I will seek to provide thoughtful and meaningful direction through my activity, and I look forward to making a positive difference."
In addition to regulating the securities industry, the division’s mission includes a mandate to help educate and protect Utah’s investors.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10