SALT LAKE CITY — David Russon, founder, president and CEO of Salt Lake City-based Investment Management Consultants, was recently appointed to the Utah Securities Commission by Gov. Gary Herbert.
The five-member commission supports and advises the Utah Division of Securities — the state agency responsible for regulating the Utah securities industry and enforcing state securities laws.
Russon, who will serve a four-year term, has worked in the financial industry for 30 years. Throughout his career, he has studied market trends and provided investment advice to various clients.
"I'm honored by the opportunity to serve the investing public of Utah as a member of the Securities Commission of the Utah Division of Securities," Russon said. "The division maintains a very high standard of ethics through its regulation of the securities industry, as well as the enforcement of Utah securities law. As a commissioner, I will seek to provide thoughtful and meaningful direction through my activity, and I look forward to making a positive difference."
In addition to regulating the securities industry, the division’s mission includes a mandate to help educate and protect Utah’s investors.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 13
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12