SALT LAKE CITY — David Russon, founder, president and CEO of Salt Lake City-based Investment Management Consultants, was recently appointed to the Utah Securities Commission by Gov. Gary Herbert.
The five-member commission supports and advises the Utah Division of Securities — the state agency responsible for regulating the Utah securities industry and enforcing state securities laws.
Russon, who will serve a four-year term, has worked in the financial industry for 30 years. Throughout his career, he has studied market trends and provided investment advice to various clients.
"I'm honored by the opportunity to serve the investing public of Utah as a member of the Securities Commission of the Utah Division of Securities," Russon said. "The division maintains a very high standard of ethics through its regulation of the securities industry, as well as the enforcement of Utah securities law. As a commissioner, I will seek to provide thoughtful and meaningful direction through my activity, and I look forward to making a positive difference."
In addition to regulating the securities industry, the division’s mission includes a mandate to help educate and protect Utah’s investors.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8