Utah Blaze: Blaze enter desperation mode against Chicago
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
ROCKFORD, Ill. — The Utah Blaze wrap up a three-game road swing at Chicago with intentions of avoiding their second three-game losing streak of the season.
After setbacks against San Jose and San Antonio, Utah (4-6) is officially in desperation mode as it continues to fall further out of contention in division play. The Blaze take on the Chicago Rush (6-5) on Saturday at 6 p.m. inside the BMO Harris Bank Center in a rematch of the Blaze's 59-56 loss in Salt Lake City.
Chicago’s offense has been cruising at Mach speed as of late. Quarterback Carson Coffman earned Offensive Player of the Week honors after an eight-touchdown performance in the Rush’s 63-55 win over Orlando last week. Reggie Gray, who lit Utah up with nine receptions for 121 yards and two touchdowns in the previous meeting, tops the AFL with 2,066 all-purpose yards.
Utah Blaze on the air
Utah Blaze (4-6) at Chicago Rush (6-5)
Saturday, 6 p.m.
- Getting back up off the ground: Utahn...
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says Harvey...
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that his...
- From autonomy to Harvey Langi: Tidbits from...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Ranking the best draft picks in Utah Jazz...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 112
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 88
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 65
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 48
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 31
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 28
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says... 25