Utah Blaze: Blaze enter desperation mode against Chicago
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
ROCKFORD, Ill. — The Utah Blaze wrap up a three-game road swing at Chicago with intentions of avoiding their second three-game losing streak of the season.
After setbacks against San Jose and San Antonio, Utah (4-6) is officially in desperation mode as it continues to fall further out of contention in division play. The Blaze take on the Chicago Rush (6-5) on Saturday at 6 p.m. inside the BMO Harris Bank Center in a rematch of the Blaze's 59-56 loss in Salt Lake City.
Chicago’s offense has been cruising at Mach speed as of late. Quarterback Carson Coffman earned Offensive Player of the Week honors after an eight-touchdown performance in the Rush’s 63-55 win over Orlando last week. Reggie Gray, who lit Utah up with nine receptions for 121 yards and two touchdowns in the previous meeting, tops the AFL with 2,066 all-purpose yards.
Utah Blaze on the air
Utah Blaze (4-6) at Chicago Rush (6-5)
Saturday, 6 p.m.
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of NFL...
- Booker, other locals could get NFL draft...
- Decades later, Thurl Bailey and N.C. State...
- BYU men's volleyball: Underwood and others...
- Niumatalolo and Navy make another trip to the...
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for Utah
- No home games for 7 weeks? RSL explains why a...
- The BYU international basketball tracker: How...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 90
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- BYU's Kaufusi an intriguing NFL... 26
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 20
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 18
- Morning links: NFL Draft prospect news... 18
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14
- BYU football announces full spring... 12