Utah Blaze: Blaze enter desperation mode against Chicago
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
ROCKFORD, Ill. — The Utah Blaze wrap up a three-game road swing at Chicago with intentions of avoiding their second three-game losing streak of the season.
After setbacks against San Jose and San Antonio, Utah (4-6) is officially in desperation mode as it continues to fall further out of contention in division play. The Blaze take on the Chicago Rush (6-5) on Saturday at 6 p.m. inside the BMO Harris Bank Center in a rematch of the Blaze's 59-56 loss in Salt Lake City.
Chicago’s offense has been cruising at Mach speed as of late. Quarterback Carson Coffman earned Offensive Player of the Week honors after an eight-touchdown performance in the Rush’s 63-55 win over Orlando last week. Reggie Gray, who lit Utah up with nine receptions for 121 yards and two touchdowns in the previous meeting, tops the AFL with 2,066 all-purpose yards.
Utah Blaze on the air
Utah Blaze (4-6) at Chicago Rush (6-5)
Saturday, 6 p.m.
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- 76ers take Ben Simmons with No. 1 pick in NBA...
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- NFL to interview Matthew, Peppers, Harrison...
- North Carolina AD: School will respond to...
- Championship ring: President calls Cavs coach...
- Items owned by gangster 'Whitey' Bulger to be...
- World doping watchdog shuts down Rio Olympic...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 164
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 41
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 34
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 32
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 22
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19