Utah Blaze: Blaze enter desperation mode against Chicago
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
ROCKFORD, Ill. — The Utah Blaze wrap up a three-game road swing at Chicago with intentions of avoiding their second three-game losing streak of the season.
After setbacks against San Jose and San Antonio, Utah (4-6) is officially in desperation mode as it continues to fall further out of contention in division play. The Blaze take on the Chicago Rush (6-5) on Saturday at 6 p.m. inside the BMO Harris Bank Center in a rematch of the Blaze's 59-56 loss in Salt Lake City.
Chicago’s offense has been cruising at Mach speed as of late. Quarterback Carson Coffman earned Offensive Player of the Week honors after an eight-touchdown performance in the Rush’s 63-55 win over Orlando last week. Reggie Gray, who lit Utah up with nine receptions for 121 yards and two touchdowns in the previous meeting, tops the AFL with 2,066 all-purpose yards.
Utah Blaze on the air
Utah Blaze (4-6) at Chicago Rush (6-5)
Saturday, 6 p.m.
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big part...
- Jim McMahon: 37 years later, former BYU star...
- Week 2 NFL locals roundup: Players from Utah...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- BYU confirms Jim McMahon will be inducted...
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have...
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will not go...
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 136
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 96
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 53
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 48