Once you have the names of several well-referred general contractors, check their background to confirm that they are licensed and insured, interview each of them personally in your home, and check their references. We can’t overstate the importance of selecting a great contractor for your project. It will make a huge difference in your life, not only during the months of the actual remodel, but for decades to come as you live (happily, we hope!) in your "new" home.
Ann Robinson and Annie V. Schwemmer are the principal architects and co-founders of a residential architectural firm focused on life-changing remodeling designs at RenovationDesignGroup.com. Send comments or questions to ask@RenovationDesignGroup.com
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care of mom...
- 7 in 10 will need long-term care, ready or not
- Are extended warranties on gadgets worth the...
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- 5 ways to prevent an unhappy retirement
- Black Friday's biggest sellers
- 10 must-know facts about weather-related home...
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can diminish...
- Most US workers unprepared to meet... 7
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 7
- Are extended warranties on gadgets... 5
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 5
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can... 2
- European Union fines global banks $2.3... 1