BYU baseball: Jacob Hannemann picked in third round of MLB draft by Chicago Cubs
PROVO — BYU's Jacob Hannemann was selected by the Chicago Cubs in the third round of the MLB draft Friday morning, exceeding most projections.
Hannemann is a two-sport athlete who was mulling the decision to play football for the Cougars this coming fall or to begin playing baseball professionally. Considering how high he has been picked (75th overall), many now assume he'll forgo playing football to pursue a professional baseball career.
Hannemann hails from Lone Peak High School and signed with the BYU football program in 2010 before leaving on a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to Little Rock, Ark. Upon returning he starred for the BYU baseball team this spring, earning West Coast Conference Freshman of the Year honors.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28