SALT LAKE CITY — MSC Aerospace and subsidiaries Metalcraft Technologies and SyberJet Aircraft announced on Thursday plans to expand their current Cedar City facilities to create more manufacturing capabilities throughout a 20-year agreement with Utah.
Over the lifetime of the agreement, the company expects to pay more than $1 billion in new state wages to create 1,200 incented jobs, meaning the company will receive tax breaks from the state.
MSC and its subsidiaries have pledged to invest millions into the project and will pay an estimated $127 million in new state tax revenue over the 20-year life of the project, according to the Governor's Office of Economic Development.
Metalcraft Technologies manufactures aircraft parts and aero-structures. The company’s customers are proprietary aircraft producers that include Boeing, Bombardier’s Learjet, General Electric, Gulfstream, Lockheed, Northrop Grumman, SyberJet and Vought.
SyberJet Aircraft produces the world’s fastest and longest range seven-seat light business jet — the SyberJet SJ30. The SJ30 is single-pilot, FAA-certified jet with a top speed of Mach 0.83 or 560 mph, with a 2,500 nautical mile range.
Utah’s aerospace and defense economic cluster represents about 4.5 percent of all state wages, and the average wage in this industry is roughly 90 percent higher than Utah’s average annual wage.
“MSC is excited to continue its long-standing relationships with Cedar City, Iron County and the state of Utah," said MSC Chairman David Grant. "We are proud of our track record of success in the aerospace industry and hope for a bright future in southern Utah.”
— Jasen Lee
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in Utah...
- Nurse threatened to kill patient after...
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Skier rescued from Alta avalanche by...
- Charges: Naked man bites dog
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 123
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 36
- As winter takes hold, needs increase... 29
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 17
- Martin MacNeill cuts self with razor in... 15
- Do Utah high school students need four... 15
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 13
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive... 12