SALT LAKE CITY — MSC Aerospace and subsidiaries Metalcraft Technologies and SyberJet Aircraft announced on Thursday plans to expand their current Cedar City facilities to create more manufacturing capabilities throughout a 20-year agreement with Utah.
Over the lifetime of the agreement, the company expects to pay more than $1 billion in new state wages to create 1,200 incented jobs, meaning the company will receive tax breaks from the state.
MSC and its subsidiaries have pledged to invest millions into the project and will pay an estimated $127 million in new state tax revenue over the 20-year life of the project, according to the Governor's Office of Economic Development.
Metalcraft Technologies manufactures aircraft parts and aero-structures. The company’s customers are proprietary aircraft producers that include Boeing, Bombardier’s Learjet, General Electric, Gulfstream, Lockheed, Northrop Grumman, SyberJet and Vought.
SyberJet Aircraft produces the world’s fastest and longest range seven-seat light business jet — the SyberJet SJ30. The SJ30 is single-pilot, FAA-certified jet with a top speed of Mach 0.83 or 560 mph, with a 2,500 nautical mile range.
Utah’s aerospace and defense economic cluster represents about 4.5 percent of all state wages, and the average wage in this industry is roughly 90 percent higher than Utah’s average annual wage.
“MSC is excited to continue its long-standing relationships with Cedar City, Iron County and the state of Utah," said MSC Chairman David Grant. "We are proud of our track record of success in the aerospace industry and hope for a bright future in southern Utah.”
— Jasen Lee
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- Friends, family remember sister missionary...
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's...
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- 2 corrections officials resign in wake of...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 19
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 17
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 10