USU track: Will Henry sets school record in 100m at NCAA Finals and earns second-team All-America honors
EUGENE, Ore. — Utah State sprinter Will Henry concluded his collegiate career by finishing 16th in the semifinals of the 100m at the NCAA Finals held at Hayward Field on Wednesday night. With his top 16 finish, Henry garnered second-team All-America honors.
Henry, a senior from Richmond, Calif. (Sacramento CC), entered the NCAA Finals as the 24th and final qualifier but finished 16th after recording a school-record time of 10.25. Henry’s previous personal best in the 100m was 10.41 set twice toward the end of the 2013 season, including at the first round of the NCAA Championships two weeks ago in Austin, Texas. The previous school record in the 100m was 10.28 set by DJ Smith in 2007.
Henry is Utah State’s first-ever All-American in the 100m and first All-American in any event since 2011 when Clint Silcock earned second-team All-America honors in the indoor high jump and Sonia Grabowska earned honorable mention All-America honors in the indoor pole vault. Henry is Utah State’s 34th track and cross-country athlete to earn All-America honors for the 69th time.
Utah State sophomore high jumper and heptathlete Chari Hawkins will also be competing for Utah State at the NCAA Finals. Hawkins begins competition in the heptathlon Thursday, June 6 at 2 p.m. MT and concludes Friday, June 7. Hawkins will also compete in the high jump finals Saturday, June 8 at 1:45 p.m. MT. Hawkins enters the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Finals ranked tied for 13th in the high jump and 20th in the heptathlon.
Live results are available on USU's athletic website.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Poppinga has endured dark times before, hopes...
- Ute coach Kyle Whittingham concerned about...
- BYU football: Jamaal Williams provides...
- Utes have an array of bowl possibilities
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 41
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 32