Images of world sport: Avoiding contact can be worth it
Charlie Riedel, AP
For all the tough talk about taking a hit in sports, sometimes avoiding contact is more than worth it.
Tim Federowicz (L.A. Dodgers) and Danny Valencia (Baltimore Orioles) proved as much last night, avoiding errant pitches and saving themselves some pain in the process.
Granted, avoiding a wild fast ball at the plate is routine. A fan, however, took similar safety measures when it came to a fly ball. Catch the souvenir? Not for her.
Finally there's the dumping of the gatorade tank. The sneak attack drenching, however, is hard to avoid, as Kansas City's David Lough found out last night.
Matt Petersen is the Sports Web Editor for DeseretNews.com. You can follow him on Twitter at @TheMattPetersen.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34