Ute football: Top 10 important summertime commits during the Kyle Whittingham era
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Although the actual season doesn't begin until the fall, summer is an important time for college football recruiters. With camp season hitting full swing in June, summer is a time when recruits can earn offers and solidify their college plans before the start of their senior seasons, which is an attractive option to many.
Most of the University of Utah’s highest-profile recruits don’t commit until the weeks leading up to signing day in February. However, summertime commits have been an important part of the Utah football program under Kyle Whittingham.
Dan Sorensen is the Editor in Chief of UteZone.com, part of the Rivals.com network. He is a member of the Football Writers Association of America and Basketball Writers Association of America. Dan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21