Ute football: Top 10 important summertime commits during the Kyle Whittingham era
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Although the actual season doesn't begin until the fall, summer is an important time for college football recruiters. With camp season hitting full swing in June, summer is a time when recruits can earn offers and solidify their college plans before the start of their senior seasons, which is an attractive option to many.
Most of the University of Utah’s highest-profile recruits don’t commit until the weeks leading up to signing day in February. However, summertime commits have been an important part of the Utah football program under Kyle Whittingham.
Dan Sorensen is the Editor in Chief of UteZone.com, part of the Rivals.com network. He is a member of the Football Writers Association of America and Basketball Writers Association of America. Dan can be reached at email@example.com.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 21