Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Mayor Ralph Becker, the Salt Lake City Transportation Division and Visit Salt Lake have announced the launch of a new bicycle route.
“Visitors and residents are invited to check out this new half-day ride that takes in some of the best of Salt Lake City,” said Becker. “This is another exciting addition to our ongoing Year of the Bike events.”
The 13.5-mile loop includes guides to Pioneer Park, Temple Square, Memory Grove, lower City Creek Canyon, the Utah State Capitol, Liberty Park, the Peace Gardens and the Jordan River Trail. The route travels by architectural landmarks such as the McCune Mansion, the Salt Lake City and County Building and the Salt Lake City Main Library.
"The GREENbike bicycle share program and the new bike route make downtown Salt Lake City even more accessible and convenient for our visitors,” said Visit Salt Lake President and CEO Scott Beck. “These two new programs demonstrate our community's ongoing commitment to sustainability, and to the stewardship of the unique natural environment we call Salt Lake."
Together with Visit Salt Lake, the city created a special route map and brochure, available at the Salt Lake Visitors Center, local bike shops, and through downtown visitors’ venues. The route is also highlighted on the city’s new Salt Lake City Bikeways Map.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13