Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Mayor Ralph Becker, the Salt Lake City Transportation Division and Visit Salt Lake have announced the launch of a new bicycle route.
“Visitors and residents are invited to check out this new half-day ride that takes in some of the best of Salt Lake City,” said Becker. “This is another exciting addition to our ongoing Year of the Bike events.”
The 13.5-mile loop includes guides to Pioneer Park, Temple Square, Memory Grove, lower City Creek Canyon, the Utah State Capitol, Liberty Park, the Peace Gardens and the Jordan River Trail. The route travels by architectural landmarks such as the McCune Mansion, the Salt Lake City and County Building and the Salt Lake City Main Library.
"The GREENbike bicycle share program and the new bike route make downtown Salt Lake City even more accessible and convenient for our visitors,” said Visit Salt Lake President and CEO Scott Beck. “These two new programs demonstrate our community's ongoing commitment to sustainability, and to the stewardship of the unique natural environment we call Salt Lake."
Together with Visit Salt Lake, the city created a special route map and brochure, available at the Salt Lake Visitors Center, local bike shops, and through downtown visitors’ venues. The route is also highlighted on the city’s new Salt Lake City Bikeways Map.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Lawmaker's proposal would offer free tuition...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 49
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 34
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA... 22