Utah Jazz: Shane Larkin among projected first-rounders at Jazz's pre-draft workout Wednesday
SALT LAKE CITY — If mock drafts turn out to be correct, the Utah Jazz's No. 14 selection will be working out with the team on Wednesday morning.
Or is the No. 21 pick?
Miami point guard Shane Larkin, who's being mentioned by multiple publications as a Utah possibility, is among several projected first-round selections who will participate in a pre-draft workout at the Jazz's practice facility.
The draft-centric website Draftexpress.com has Larkin, the 5-11 son of former Reds star shortstop Barry Larkin, going to Utah with the final selection of the lottery.
Interestingly, NBADraft.net has the Jazz taking the small-but-quick 20-year-old, an early entry, with their No. 21 pick. Larkin averaged 14.5 points and 4.6 assists his sophomore season for the Sweet 16 squad.
Larkin joked about the thin air along the Wasatch Front on his Twitter account Tuesday: "If I (end) up in Utah im going to have to take breathing classes lol. I’m not used to this altitude haha!"
The tryout session will also include North Carolina guard Reggie Bullock (6-7, 205) and North Texas power forward Tony Mitchell (6-8, 235), both of whom are getting first-round buzz in mock drafts.
Bullock, a good outside shooter who worked out for Denver earlier this week, averaged 13.9 points and 6.6 rebounds for the Tar Heels his junior season. After arriving in Utah on Monday, he tweeted, "Chilly nights in salt lake city!!"
Mitchell tallied 13.0 ppg and 8.5 rpg for the 12-20 Mean Green as a sophomore last year.
North Carolina State guard Lorenzo Brown (6-5, 186), Oklahoma forward Amath M'Baye (6-9, 208) and Nevada guard Malik Story (6-5, 215) are the other NBA hopefuls who'll take part in this six-man session with the Jazz's basketball staff.
This will be the third pre-draft workout for the Jazz, who have the Nos. 14, 21 and 46 selections of the June 27 NBA Draft.
NOTE: Marvin Williams underwent surgery on Monday in Charlotte, N.C., to repair damage in his right Achilles heel. The Jazz small forward is expected to be out for six months, according to the team.
- Utah high schoolers who've reached the Super...
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight road...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Former Utah Jazz guard Deron Williams had...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke comes off...
- BYU basketball analysis: Why the Cougars...
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles West...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 98
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 88
- Memphis to punish 12 players for role... 78
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 60
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 54
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 36
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 27