BYU track: Brown and Stewart to compete at NCAA Championships
PROVO, Utah — Kelsey Brown and Natalie Stewart of BYU women’s track and field will represent the Cougars this week at the 2013 NCAA Division I Outdoor Track and Field Championships in Eugene, Ore. The meet will be held at Oregon’s Hayward Feld and begins Wednesday, June 5, and runs through Saturday, June 8.
"The expectation for nationals is to make the finals, score some points and earn first-team All-America honors," head coach Patrick Shane said. "To do that, both girls will probably have to run personal bests, but I feel like they’re both ready for that."
Brown ran the seventh fastest 800-meter time in the NCAA this season and is coming off a second-team All-America indoor season.
Stewart was ranked 56th nationally in the 400-meter run heading into the NCAA preliminary round, but beat the odds and qualified for the national championships as one of the final 24 competitors.
Athlete — Event— Schedule
Kelsey Brown — 800 meters — Wednesday, 4:30 p.m. PT, Semifinal
Natalie Stewart — 400 meters — Wednesday, 5:00 p.m. PT, Semifinal
Complete results, heat sheets and quotes will be posted on the NCAA website throughout the competition and at the conclusion of each day of the meet.
Tickets for all four days of the championships are currently on sale. Tickets may be purchased online on Oregon's athletic website, by calling 1-800-WEBFOOT, in person at the Athletic Ticket Office located in the Moshofsky Center or at the Hayward Field ticket windows on the days of the meet.
ESPN3/ESPNU will broadcast the majority of the meet, with supplementary webcasting on Pac-12 Live Stream.
Schedule: Day — Time — TV/web
Wednesday, June 5 — 12 p.m.-8 p.m. — Pac-12 Live Stream
Thursday, June 6 — 11 a.m.-3:50 p.m. — Pac-12 Live Stream
Thursday, June 6 — 3:50 p.m.-8 p.m. — ESPN3.com
Friday, June 7 — 12:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. — Pac-12 Live Stream
Friday, June 7 — 4:30 p.m.-7 p.m. — ESPNU/ESPN3.com
Saturday, June 8 — 12:30 p.m.-2 p.m. — Pac-12 Live Stream
Saturday, June 8 — 2 p.m.-4 p.m. — ESPNU/ESPN3.com
Days three and four of competition will be rebroadcast on ESPNU on Sunday, June 9 at 7 a.m. MT and Monday, June 10 at 11 a.m. MT.
Kyle Chilton is the director of media relations for BYU men's basketball. He can be reached at 801-422-4909, firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @kylechilton.
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles West...
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight road...
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to the...
- Months after knee injury, Collinsworth on the...
- Morning links: Emery returns to the Marriott...
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU linebacker...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on Miami...
- Matt Carlino playing much the same at...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 97
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 87
- Memphis to punish 12 players for role... 78
- BYU makes clear there are 3 exceptions... 63
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 59
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 52
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 50
- Morning links: Home stretch of... 31