BYU football: Top 10 BYU commits from June camps during the Bronco Mendenhall era
PROVO — It's no secret to those who follow BYU football recruiting that the team does most of its work during the month of June. Nine prospects committed during or shortly after camps concluded in the summer last year, and eight of the eventual 18 signees in 2012 committed during the same period the year before.
A lot of evaluation will again occur this June, with coaches holding an invitation-only junior day camp this coming Friday, which will be followed by two weeks of camps to conclude the month. BYU is limited in offers this year and will likely sign just 13-15 players for 2014, according to sources. If history holds, fans can expect a good portion of those eventual signees to commit during the next month.
Not all of these players were highly recruiting when they committed, but all have gone on to contribute to the program.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18