BYU football: Top 10 BYU commits from June camps during the Bronco Mendenhall era
PROVO — It's no secret to those who follow BYU football recruiting that the team does most of its work during the month of June. Nine prospects committed during or shortly after camps concluded in the summer last year, and eight of the eventual 18 signees in 2012 committed during the same period the year before.
A lot of evaluation will again occur this June, with coaches holding an invitation-only junior day camp this coming Friday, which will be followed by two weeks of camps to conclude the month. BYU is limited in offers this year and will likely sign just 13-15 players for 2014, according to sources. If history holds, fans can expect a good portion of those eventual signees to commit during the next month.
Not all of these players were highly recruiting when they committed, but all have gone on to contribute to the program.
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 47
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42