DRAPER — Col. Val L. Peterson, commander of the Utah National Guard’s Land Component Command, was promoted to brigadier general in an official ceremony Saturday.
Peterson assumed his current post in October 2012. He is responsible for oversight of the six Utah Army National Guard major commands to include engineers, special forces, aviation, artillery, military intelligence and troop command units.
In his 29-year military career he has served as a company commander, battalion commander and brigade commander.
An Orem resident, Peterson is full-time vice president for finance and administration at Utah Valley University. He is also a member of the Utah House of Representatives, District 59.
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Eagle Mountain man killed in alleged domestic...
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Educators call for funding, legislation to...
- Want to land your dream job? 4 must-do things
- Washington Terrace woman found dead, 2 in...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 266
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Utah Senate rejects delay to Count My... 19
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 16
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 16