DRAPER — Col. Val L. Peterson, commander of the Utah National Guard’s Land Component Command, was promoted to brigadier general in an official ceremony Saturday.
Peterson assumed his current post in October 2012. He is responsible for oversight of the six Utah Army National Guard major commands to include engineers, special forces, aviation, artillery, military intelligence and troop command units.
In his 29-year military career he has served as a company commander, battalion commander and brigade commander.
An Orem resident, Peterson is full-time vice president for finance and administration at Utah Valley University. He is also a member of the Utah House of Representatives, District 59.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UDOT to begin adding lanes to I-15 in...
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 42
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 39
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 14
- Sanders to address Utah delegation to... 14
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9