Mitch Kunzler: Lakers center Dwight Howard would be wise to stay in L.A. if possible
"Any team I am on can win." Howard told The L.A. Times.
That seems like a solid statement, considering that Howard's teams have made the playoffs seven years in a row. Howard also led his team to the NBA Finals in 2009, where it lost to Bryant and the Lakers.
So certainly, any team Howard is on can win, but the question is, how much can it win? If Howard is interested in winning championships, then he won't be able to do it alone. He will need some help.
There aren't many athletes in the world who are as driven and competitive as Bryant, and when it comes to winning, Bryant has done it his entire career, winning five championships with the Lakers.
The gigantic catch is that Bryant is recovering from a torn Achilles tendon, and at age 34, many doubt the superstar can return to full strength.
In the end, Howard plans to do whatever makes him happy.
"For me, I’m going to do what’s best for myself, what’s going to make me happy,” Howard told Sports Illustrated. "At the end of the day, I can’t control who likes me and who dislikes me but I have the right to be happy. That’s what I’m going to do. That’s the biggest thing right there."
You can follow Mitch Kunzler on Twitter at: @MitchKunzler
- BYU basketball: 3 players record...
- Local NFL watch: How Utah players fared in...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up just...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Utah Jazz: A few slices of holiday spirit...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's prep roundup
- LDS general authorities make appearance at...
- Power rankings: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 188
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 88
- BYU football: Cougar offense rebounds... 84
- Utah football: Utes end season with... 76
- BYU, Utah State basketball: Second-half... 74
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 58
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 50