SOUTH OGDEN — A 14-year-old boy was taken to the hospital Sunday after being hit by a car while trying to cross a street on his bicycle.
The boy's injuries were not life-threatening, police said.
The boy was hit by a southbound car about 1 p.m. while he was trying to cross Washington Boulevard at 4300 South, police said.
Investigators said the brakes on the boy's bike were not working, and that likely was a factor in the crash.
Police said there's no evidence that the driver was impaired. The accident remains under investigation.
— Whitney Evans
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 23
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8