SOUTH OGDEN — A 14-year-old boy was taken to the hospital Sunday after being hit by a car while trying to cross a street on his bicycle.
The boy's injuries were not life-threatening, police said.
The boy was hit by a southbound car about 1 p.m. while he was trying to cross Washington Boulevard at 4300 South, police said.
Investigators said the brakes on the boy's bike were not working, and that likely was a factor in the crash.
Police said there's no evidence that the driver was impaired. The accident remains under investigation.
— Whitney Evans
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 44
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 15
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7