SOUTH OGDEN — A 14-year-old boy was taken to the hospital Sunday after being hit by a car while trying to cross a street on his bicycle.
The boy's injuries were not life-threatening, police said.
The boy was hit by a southbound car about 1 p.m. while he was trying to cross Washington Boulevard at 4300 South, police said.
Investigators said the brakes on the boy's bike were not working, and that likely was a factor in the crash.
Police said there's no evidence that the driver was impaired. The accident remains under investigation.
— Whitney Evans
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 81
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 59
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12