SOUTH OGDEN — A 14-year-old boy was taken to the hospital Sunday after being hit by a car while trying to cross a street on his bicycle.
The boy's injuries were not life-threatening, police said.
The boy was hit by a southbound car about 1 p.m. while he was trying to cross Washington Boulevard at 4300 South, police said.
Investigators said the brakes on the boy's bike were not working, and that likely was a factor in the crash.
Police said there's no evidence that the driver was impaired. The accident remains under investigation.
— Whitney Evans
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14