SOUTH OGDEN — A 14-year-old boy was taken to the hospital Sunday after being hit by a car while trying to cross a street on his bicycle.
The boy's injuries were not life-threatening, police said.
The boy was hit by a southbound car about 1 p.m. while he was trying to cross Washington Boulevard at 4300 South, police said.
Investigators said the brakes on the boy's bike were not working, and that likely was a factor in the crash.
Police said there's no evidence that the driver was impaired. The accident remains under investigation.
— Whitney Evans
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9