FARMINGTON — A 38-year-old man was rescued and transported by medical helicopter to an area hospital after falling 50 feet during a hike Sunday afternoon.
About noon, Davis County dispatchers received a call about a man who had fallen and gotten injured while hiking along the Davis Creek Trail, according to sheriff's deputy Jason Sorensen.
Search and rescue crews reached the man in about 15 minutes. They found him in a creek bed and saw "traumatic injuries to his lower extremities," police said. To prevent further harm and to quickly transport him, they called in Life Flight.
— Whitney Evans
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15