FARMINGTON — A 38-year-old man was rescued and transported by medical helicopter to an area hospital after falling 50 feet during a hike Sunday afternoon.
About noon, Davis County dispatchers received a call about a man who had fallen and gotten injured while hiking along the Davis Creek Trail, according to sheriff's deputy Jason Sorensen.
Search and rescue crews reached the man in about 15 minutes. They found him in a creek bed and saw "traumatic injuries to his lower extremities," police said. To prevent further harm and to quickly transport him, they called in Life Flight.
— Whitney Evans
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Photos: Fun for all at the 10th annual Family...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13