FARMINGTON — A 38-year-old man was rescued and transported by medical helicopter to an area hospital after falling 50 feet during a hike Sunday afternoon.
About noon, Davis County dispatchers received a call about a man who had fallen and gotten injured while hiking along the Davis Creek Trail, according to sheriff's deputy Jason Sorensen.
Search and rescue crews reached the man in about 15 minutes. They found him in a creek bed and saw "traumatic injuries to his lower extremities," police said. To prevent further harm and to quickly transport him, they called in Life Flight.
— Whitney Evans
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12