Tabernacle Choir announces concerts with James Taylor, Lindsey Stirling, Nathan Pacheco
She just finished a 55-city tour of Europe, Canada and the United States and is willing to interrupt another tour to make her Pioneer Day concert appearance because, she said, "I have always loved the Mormon Tabernacle Choir."
"I have been brought to tears by so many of Mack's arrangements," she said. "It is such an incredible honor to be working with him."
Pacheco also mentioned Wilberg as one of the reasons he "can't wait" for the Pioneer Day concert.
"I had the privilege of singing under his direction during his last year with the BYU Men's Choir," Pacheco recalled. "So it goes without saying that to be able to sing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, directed by Mack Wilberg, is an experience I'm quite certain I'll never forget."
Jarrett said Utah audiences will enjoy Pacheco, a rising star for whom the choir president predicts great things. Born in Virginia of Brazilian descent, Pacheco was also educated at BYU before beginning his professional career.
"He is that rare performer who is equally comfortable with both pop and opera," Jarrett said. "We are grateful that we caught him on the way up. The time will probably come when he will be so inaccessible we won't be able to get him."
Jarrett also noted that although both the Tanner Gift of Music concert and the Pioneer Day concerts will be presented free of charge, because of the demand for seating tickets will be required for both events.
Tickets for the Pioneer Day concerts will be available on a first-come, first-served basis starting June 11 at www.lds.org/events, by calling (801) 570-0080 or at the Conference Center ticket office.
Because the number of requests for tickets to the Tanner Gift of Music performances are expected to outstrip the number of tickets available, they will be distributed through a random selection process. Those interested should register online at www.lds.org/events from July 27 at 12:01 a.m. through Aug. 5 at 11:59 p.m. Those without internet access should register by calling (801) 570-0080 or 1-866-537-8457. All registrations during this time will have an equal chance in the random selection process, although only one registration will be accepted from each household, and the maximum number of tickets each household can request is four. All who register for tickets will be notified whether or not they will receive tickets via email.
Admission to both events is limited to those 8 years of age and older.
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- 24 inspiring quotes from President Boyd K....
- Elder Ballard, other LDS Church leaders...
- Kate Kelly steps down from Ordain Women...
- LDS missionaries in some countries no longer...
- Community reacts to President Boyd K....
- Jerry Earl Johnston: The resurrection of...
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- First Presidency sends letter with... 149
- When Satan steals your motherhood 88
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 62
- Episcopal Church becomes third... 51
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 36
- LDS Church leaders release letter about... 32
- Defending the Faith: Treasures in... 22
- Elder Ballard, other LDS Church leaders... 22