SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert on Thursday named Debbie Cragun to head the state Human Resource Management Department.
Cragun, who served as a human resource director for the department, was chosen after a nationwide search to replace former executive director Jeff Herring. Herring accepted a position at the University of Utah in February.
"As someone who started at ground level and worked through the ranks with talent and drive, Debbie epitomizes the dedicated public servant who has built a meaningful career with the state of Utah," the governor said in a statement.
Cragun joined the department in 1995.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12