SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert on Thursday named Debbie Cragun to head the state Human Resource Management Department.
Cragun, who served as a human resource director for the department, was chosen after a nationwide search to replace former executive director Jeff Herring. Herring accepted a position at the University of Utah in February.
"As someone who started at ground level and worked through the ranks with talent and drive, Debbie epitomizes the dedicated public servant who has built a meaningful career with the state of Utah," the governor said in a statement.
Cragun joined the department in 1995.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 33
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 13
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 11
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9