Utah composer Lisle Moore the mind behind ESPN NBA, World Cup theme songs, others
"I arrived in Utah literally starving," Moore said. "Someone finally believed in me and gave me a shot. The second that that happened, all their connections became mine.
"In my line of work, no one ever asks you where you went to school. They ask, 'Can you do it? Either you can do it or you can't. Show me your demo reel.’ Most people in my industry never finished school. However, education is important to me and I always push myself now to learn and adapt in this industry."
Moore's relationship with Warner Chappell began in 2001, and before the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany, Moore had landed himself a contract to do all the World Cup themes for ESPN, a contract that will end after the 2014 Brazilian World Cup because FIFA's broadcast rights will transfer to Fox Sports. After 2014, Moore will take up new projects and other work.
Currently, Moore is involved in the composition of music for two separate feature film projects with Utah-based film production studios. Though he has considered avidly pursuing composition credits for major feature films, he has generally decided against it. According to Moore, such work would make being a family man very difficult.
"The hours that they put in would probably not facilitate a very good family setting," Moore said. "I think I'll just be happy with what I have. I'm happy with where I live, happy with what I have, and I'm satisfied creatively."
It's safe to say that sports and movie fans are also satisfied with Moore's creative efforts and will be for years to come.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 4A boys state tournament central: Live...
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Brad Rock: Utes have something to brag about...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 82
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 56
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 39
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30