BYU soccer: Cougars compete in home-opening, back-to-back games
PROVO, Utah – The BYU men's soccer team plays Friday and Saturday in its first home games of the 2013 season against the LA Misioneros and Fresno Fuego.
The BYU Cougars return to South Field after four away games, resulting in a 1–2–1 record.
“We’re excited to come back home to South Field Stadium,” head coach Christ Watkins said. “Another two great opponents will really challenge us. We are anxious to prove ourselves in front of our home crowd.”
On Friday, May 31, the Cougars will play against the LA Misioneros for the first time this season. Last year, BYU narrowly won against the Misioneros, 2–1.
On Saturday, June 1, BYU hosts the Fresno Fuego. After battling to a 0–0 tie earlier this season, BYU is looking for an opportunity to win at home.
Both games will take place at South Field at 7:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at the gate before the game. BYU students can purchase tickets for $3 before the game starts. After 7:30 p.m., student admission will cost $5. Adult admission is $6.
Brooke Arrington is a public relations major at Brigham Young University and the Public Relations Coordinator for the BYU men's soccer team.
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of 3-pointers,...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- David Stockton, son of John, saves the day...
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- High school boys basketball: Underdog...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 84
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 67
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 57
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 43
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26